Frenchie Newbie

Rollinglolo

Apr 27, 2012
Hello everybody,

I'm a new member on this forum, although I've spent the last few days browsing avidely the threads as I'm considering a move to the DR and I'm immensely gratefull for all the usefull informations I've already gathered.

For now, my trial run wil be 3 months starting mid-june in Cabarete, getting intensive Spanish lessons in the morning (can't speak a word!) and intensive Kite lessons in the afternoon!

But I will be looking for self-employment opportunities as well (got an idea already, need to check if it stands the "real life" test).

I'm a 38yo Frenchman and I've lived abroad for the better part of the last 10 years, and was in Martinique until very recently (not exactely "abroad" I know) so already know what it means and what it (sometime) takes.

I've been twice in DR already, north coast, PC and SD.

So I guess I'll be soon harassing you all with my newbie questions, sorry!

RL

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Its a great place - many from the French Caribbean. Try Las Terrenas also for kitesurf - and good French community.
Welcome

pi2

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
LT does not comapare to Cabarete for kite surfing dude. Stop trying to pull people to LT... You are starting to sound desperate!

Rollinglolo

Apr 27, 2012
Why leave :Martinique for the DR,seems like you are "slumming"?????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Must be a "Dominicana",at least they bathe!

Good to see that French Bashing is alive and well, would have been disapointing otherwise!:p
But although I don't doubt your BO claim, I'm afraid that my motivations are somewhat less aromaticly minded.

For starters, Martinique is 70 Km long with 400 000 inhabitants that are all more or less related, so if you think the DR is a village, think again my friend.
I'm originally from Paris and it got, among other things, just a bit limited after a while.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Rep Dom: C'est pas une mauvaise id?e :)

Lolo, je suis parisienne aussi, mais ? New York depuis longtemps.