Ya Jist Gotta Love DR Street Justice!! Swift,Sure,and in this case,CHEAP Too!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Since this story(In Today's Diario Libre) most likely won't make it to the "pages" of the "DR! Daily News", here goes.
In Bani yesterday,it seems some "Vecinos" were having a discussion about "Personal Reasons".
One of them "WON"!
He shot two of his neighbors dead.
A 20 year old woman,and her "50something" father.
The shooter,fled for his life.
Was he afraid the "Policia National" would kill him,NO!(They were most likey occupied selling drugs,or stealing cars!)
It was his other neighbors!
They didn't get him,he could run.
But his house couldn't,sooooooooooooooooooooooooo,they burned it down!!
"Yeah!" for the neighbors!!!
And,at no cost to us taxpayers!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
a society that cannot provide the basics of life does not get its laws obeyed- "Man on Fire"- A.J. Quinnell.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
True story....

About a year or so ago, my mother-in-law's neighborhood in SD was experiencing a lot of break-ins, and the residents were totally fed up. They had a few guys they were suspicious of. Well, one night they caught the guy leaving an apartment in the middle of the night, and chased him down the street towards Churchill. He decided to pound on my suegra's door to try to hide, but they caught him on the steps and killed him right there.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
True example of the lack of faith and confidence people here have in the policia...And then some are wondering why some of us are a little critical of life here..

May 5, 2007
Kind of reminds me of the justice and hopes of a large segment regarding recent incident in Florida

Is US law and it's application that different from Dominican?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Kind of reminds me of the justice and hopes of a large segment regarding recent incident in Florida

Is US law and it's application that different from Dominican?

Good question......

Has anyone ever heard about anyone from these vigilante mobs being arrested, charged and found guilty????? It would kind of surprise me...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Good question......

Has anyone ever heard about anyone from these vigilante mobs being arrested, charged and found guilty????? It would kind of surprise me...
Or given Good Neighbor Awards? :cheeky:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Every year on "El Dia de las Madres",I present a "COLON",to "Barrio" with the most "Confirmed KILLS"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I received 2 calls this week about something that occurred last Saturday evening in Los Alcarrizos. An argument took place in front of a colmado which ran out of hand, someone pulled a gun and shot a mother/grandmother and her adult daughter. The mother didn't survive, I knew her.
The killer was beaten up by the crowd and left for dead. I googled it but couldn't find anything.
Even though the above happened in a barrio muy malo the problem is that the violence in the DR is all over and not just only in the barrios.
Coming to think of it, the barrio might even be safer than the good neighborhoods, this is actually only the 4th time in 5 years that I heard of something like this happening there. The 2 years in JD I can name 2 dozen people that were victim of a violent crime.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Coming to think of it, the barrio might even be safer than the good neighborhoods, this is actually only the 4th time in 5 years that I heard of something like this happening there. The 2 years in JD I can name 2 dozen people that were victim of a violent crime.

You may have a point there.

Mr. AE and I talked a lot about this during the months we were at our house. It's a beach town west of SD with virtually no tourists, just Dominicans. The people who actually live there live in a barrio.

While there might be trouble on the beach at night in the restaurants/bars, the neighborhood is quiet. One night we had a long conversation with some of the neighbors, my husband belongs to the neighborhood group.

While they might steal mangos, limones or avocados from each other [and God knows from us too], there is no random violence, robbery, attacks from motoconchos, home break-ins, etc.

It seems the only trouble that happens is from the Dominicans who come there on the weekends from Santo Domingo and San Cristobal.