Orange pay as you go

SatinPeach

Feb 18, 2008
We have to head back to Canada in 12 days :disappoin and I was hoping to keep my pay as you go phone with Orange topped up while not here. BUT have tried to find how I would do that and so far NO luck. I treid going to orange.do and can not find where it can be added to for time.

Can anyone assist in this matter....with a link and how I'd keep adding to the phone while I'm in Canada. Thanks.

Last edited:

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Oops!

Thanks for fixing that. Have been busy with a project and did a too-quick post.

Softail

Nov 15, 2011
Dove-tail question: I"m looking for a cell plan in DR which is reasonably priced for calls to usa. I need to call usa 4-6 times per day...What's my best plan? Ideally one that would work well for DR local phone calls too.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
In theory yes, but mine hadn't been canceled even after 6 months (it happened to me both with Orange and Claro).

It's the luck of the draw Aida, we've lost our number after 3 months, and other times we've kept it after a year had passed. No rhyme or reason.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
SatinPeach
sent me a PM with your phone #, I will charge your account each month, you will just deposit the amount I paid when you come back.
P.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
SatinPeach
sent me a PM with your phone #, I will charge your account each month, you will just deposit the amount I paid when you come back.
P.

i deposited via Internet banking into my orange account every month, just to not get deactivated; but they canceled the number after 3 months of NON activity!!! Orange measures the activity if you use your phone and not on deposits...
Before it was different; for many years i did the deposits but since last year Orange changed their business politics.
you would need to leave your Sim with someone who would make at least 1 call every 2 months ;-) then you are fine.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I love ezetop. I put money on our two phones to keep them active when out of the country and they are ready for us when we get back.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
I have had the same number for 5 five years. When it has become inactive, the Orange shop will call the office in POP and you just have to say that you want the number reactivated.

Now I use Babblebug to add credits every couple of months as needed. In theory, you should not be able to purchase credits for an inactive number.