Blood needed urgent

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
"I recieved the following email. Not my blood type but perhaps someone can help out. "

There is an elderly lady, Irene Philips, in CMC tonght (sunday) who following a fall requires an urgent hip replacement operation tomorrow. As ever, the hospital requires a supply of stand by blood which it does not currently have.

The blood required is type Rh Negative which is not common

If you are able o help you can contact me via email (24 hrs) or contact CMC on the highway 809 571 4696 or be at CMC at 7 am tomorrow (monday)

Kind regards
Keith

Keith Watson
Watson Homes Real Estates S.A.
Calle Alejo Martinez
Sosua
Puerto Plata
Dominican Republic

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
"I recieved the following email. Not my blood type but perhaps someone can help out. "

There is an elderly lady, Irene Philips, in CMC tonght (sunday) who following a fall requires an urgent hip replacement operation tomorrow. As ever, the hospital requires a supply of stand by blood which it does not currently have.

The blood required is type Rh Negative which is not common

If you are able o help you can contact me via email (24 hrs) or contact CMC on the highway 809 571 4696 or be at CMC at 7 am tomorrow (monday)

Kind regards
Keith

Keith Watson
Watson Homes Real Estates S.A.
Calle Alejo Martinez
Sosua
Puerto Plata
Dominican Republic

you need more than RH negative

you need the type

as in
a
b
o
or ab

when you find out exactly what type ...
(all types are either RH neg or RH positive)

then you can look here
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/96559-dr1-blood-donor-register-new-updated-oct-2009-a.html

and find one of our donors who matches and lives in the area

good luck!

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Learn something new everyday: She needs Type O

The highest concentration of RH negative blood occurs in the Basque people of Northern Spain and Southern France, and in the Eastern/Oriental Jews. Only 15% of the entire world?s population is known to have the RH negative blood factor. While it is known that RH negative blood ? (type ?O?) is the purest blood known to mankind, it is not known from where the negative factor originates, as it is generally theorized by evolutionists that there is an unbroken bloodline from early human prototypes (pre-humans) to present day human beings.

I wish her well.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Learn something new everyday: She needs Type O

The highest concentration of RH negative blood occurs in the Basque people of Northern Spain and Southern France, and in the Eastern/Oriental Jews. Only 15% of the entire world?s population is known to have the RH negative blood factor. While it is known that RH negative blood ? (type ?O?) is the purest blood known to mankind, it is not known from where the negative factor originates, as it is generally theorized by evolutionists that there is an unbroken bloodline from early human prototypes (pre-humans) to present day human beings.

I wish her well.

I am type AB RH negative

the rarest of rarest

so being RH negative does not mean that you are type O which is what your source implies.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
what exactly does "purest blood" mean???? I know it can't be mine, since I routinely "dilute" mine with alcohol. LOL

best wishes to the lady in need.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Mods

Could we make the Blood donor list into a sticky or a subforum? Think that really a MEDICAL subforum would be great. When I was searching, and using the DR1 search function under blood donor.. I was already at page 6 and had not found the list of donors.. then went to google search with DR1 in it. But newbies are not going to be able to do that. I saw, when I was searching.. that there were two or three requests for blood donations with no answers and I wonder if these folks ever found the list.

I think that Lambada was the one who started this registry and I think it is valuable -- but not if it is so lost that no one can find it...

We have a subforum for employment.. so how about one for medical?

For those who are considering coming here for retirement, the medical issues are just as important as the employment for the younger folks.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Mods

Could we make the Blood donor list into a sticky or a subforum? Think that really a MEDICAL subforum would be great. When I was searching, and using the DR1 search function under blood donor.. I was already at page 6 and had not found the list of donors.. then went to google search with DR1 in it. But newbies are not going to be able to do that. I saw, when I was searching.. that there were two or three requests for blood donations with no answers and I wonder if these folks ever found the list.

I think that Lambada was the one who started this registry and I think it is valuable -- but not if it is so lost that no one can find it...

For those who are considering coming here for retirement, the medical issues are just as important as the employment for the younger folks.

Why don't you start a FACEBOOK page?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Good idea annie, been with dr1 for 3 years and never new this thread even existed......

B in Santiago

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Mods

So as to respect the urgency of this particular patient's need, I started another thread and posted about CMC's blood bank.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Mods

I think that Lambada was the one who started this registry and I think it is valuable -- but not if it is so lost that no one can find it....
It's a Sticky in the Living Forum, so it should have been easy to find.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/96559-dr1-blood-donor-register-new-updated-oct-2009-a.html

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
I am type AB RH negative

the rarest of rarest

so being RH negative does not mean that you are type O which is what your source implies.
You may be the rarest, but, Type AB is the Universal Recipient. You can be transfused with A-, B-, AB- or O-. Type O, while being the Universal Donor, can only receive type O blood. As far as Rh is concerned, a Rh+ person can recieve Rh+ or Rh- blood. A Rh- person can only recieve Rh- blood.