essential oils & Bach flower remedies

EllaTO

Mar 16, 2012
I would only buy from a reputable source online, MA. Essential oils are easily adulterated and compromised. What are you looking for exactly?

I can give you links to good online purveyors of high quality EOs.

Ella

EllaTO

Mar 16, 2012
Patchouli has skyrocketed in price in the past few years unfortunately. High quality essential oils can be purchased in small amounts (up to large quantities) from New Directions Aromatics (newdirectionsaromatics.com) or Essential Oil University (essentialoils.org).

Both of these suppliers have high quality oils at fair prices with secure shopping carts. I particularly love the French hi altitude Lavender and the Bulgarian lavendar.

Rescue Remedy is available directly at bachflower.com

I am sure you know to never use essential oils undiluted directly on your skin...always dilute with a bit of jojoba or sweet almond oil or something similar.

Let me know if you still can't find what you are looking for.

Ella

Nothing to do with essentials oils, even if I buy mine directly from Morocco (orange blossoms, lavender and rosemary). I am looking to buy pure coconut oil, I use it for my hair and my skin. I will be in Punta Cana, then in Santo Domingo starting next Friday. Do you know of any place that sells some. I bought some coconut oil and cacao butter bars (Baracoa)in Havana two weeks ago, but I always keep some just in case. Please, do let me know if you think of a place that sells these two items, or at least the coconut oil.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Nothing to do with essentials oils, even if I buy mine directly from Morocco (orange blossoms, lavender and rosemary). I am looking to buy pure coconut oil, I use it for my hair and my skin. I will be in Punta Cana, then in Santo Domingo starting next Friday. Do you know of any place that sells some. I bought some coconut oil and cacao butter bars (Baracoa)in Havana two weeks ago, but I always keep some just in case. Please, do let me know if you think of a place that sells these two items, or at least the coconut oil.

Actually -- coconut oil pressing is -- I believe -- illegal here - As the palm is protected. The only sellers of coconut oil that I have seen are some natives who press it from felled trees.. it is not produced commercially. Which means that the palms are ... well... protected..

There is a blind man in the Plaza Rosada, who sells his very pure coconut oil and hearts of palm. The community-- generally-- except for my one dear American friend who keeps insisting that it is ILLEGAL--has decided to allow him a disability exemption.

EllaTO

Mar 16, 2012
Have you checked in a grocery store? You might be able to find imported (since pressing it is illegal in the DR) pure coconut oil with the other cooking oils.

Ella

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
There is a shop in Santo Domingo called the Green Store than has them along with a whole range of yummy natural things.

thegreenstore.com.do
809-549-4994
Fantino Falco 59 Piantini,
Santo Domingo R.D.

Matilda

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
now of course after i have had a moment =-- it is not the pressing of the coconut oil that is illegal

dummy me

it is the cutting of the palm

anyway.. as far as i know there is no commercial operation for this here

there is coco soap sort very expensive sold in a cheap cardboard box which does not have really any coconut oil in it

and there is some very very very good cocoa butter being imported from Brazil -- it sells among the sun protection products in a blue bottle with SPF ZERO

other than that.. i have never seen a bottle of coconut oil for sale in a shop in the Republica

and I shop!!!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
\

Listen, girlfriend, I think that we could make you our DR1 personal shopper!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
as long as we are opening our virtual tienda here

there is the OLIVE OIL soap from GREECE that we used to get in Rhode ISland which, I think is the best in the world.

I can buy the Chinese sandlewood soap that I have used for YEARS .. right here.. in
Primavera.. which is my subsection of Gazcue... at the Veggie yoga place

but W
OW\

i would love that papaya cream from Australia.. which is BANNED in the USA...
(don't ask.. something in the papaya is a real threat to the US big pHARMA)

and real t tree oil from Australia .. and the chew sticks. t tree tooth picks from oz

and why is NO ONE

doing anything with the LOOFAs which GROW here?

(we cannot take marine sponges)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Lucas Papaw Ointment - Natural remedies

here is the papaya cream

so let us have a store here in Gazcue -- where we can assemble the best of the world.. and get that soap from Havana.. and this cream from Oz .. both BANNED in the States...

Of course, the shop has got to be within walking distance of MY house

and then have an on line shop which will take orders

and send the stuff up and out via Caribe Tours....

And we could perhaps get LOOSE tea from Jackson's of Picadilly

and Marmite!!!

and...

and..

and...

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com

There is some pressed pure coconut oil you can buy in the neighborhood of El Limon. Very artisanal, no big industry, just a lady who sells it from a glass bottle.

Acira