Getting to other islands?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
just curious to know if anyone know if one can get to

either the Turks and Caicos or the Bahamas without having to go through Miami?

any direct flights?

And are there any direct flights to any other islands from here besides Puerto Rico and St MArteen?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
just curious to know if anyone know if one can get to

either the Turks and Caicos or the Bahamas without having to go through Miami?

any direct flights?

And are there any direct flights to any other islands from here besides Puerto Rico and St MArteen?

You can fly directly to turks and if you stay overnight you can then fly to Nassau with avoiding Miami altogether.

Copa has a flight to nassau but you will have to stop in panama first if you want to avoid the overnight stay in turks

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Normally there are daily flights out of POP to Turks & Caicos in high season and you can then Island hop north from there.
I have no idea about regularity in the low season nor do I know the company but folks do it all the time, this I am sure.

beekaynz

Aug 12, 2011
Air Turks and Caicos fly from POP on Sundays and Fridays, and from STI on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
I fly all the time as my business is in Turks.

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
beekaynz - is turks cleaner/safer than DR?

OP - LIAT airlines flies from Snto Domingo to Antigua almost daily and from Antigua they fly connectors to almost all the english and french speaking islands.

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
Is there any flight options to Jamaica straight? I heard that RKFly is hopping on Montegobay but it is chartered and we cannot get ticket.

beekaynz

Aug 12, 2011
beekaynz - is turks cleaner/safer than DR?

OP - LIAT airlines flies from Snto Domingo to Antigua almost daily and from Antigua they fly connectors to almost all the english and french speaking islands.

Turks and Caicos is cleaner and a bit safer, but more expensive to live there. Good place to make money and spend it in the DR.