new from NJ

hazeleyez1784

Aug 11, 2010
hello every1! I've been browsing for a while and finally decided to join. I spent time in Santiago back in '07 (lived near PUCMM) and loved every minute of it. I'm planning on going back in August so I'm excited for that.

Looking forward to learning new things and being a part of this informative site!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Jerseyites are like mushrooms....we seem to spring up everywhere (Bergen County)....

HB

Note to those who wonder: Born a hillbilly in West (by God!) Virginia; was moved to Long Island, NY, and then to New Joisey.
Dint git the accent of Jersey Shore characters, prolly due to a prep school edjumacation, wich dint do a whole lot. And all of that was like, I mean, like what? Oh 50 years ago? Oyvey!!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Hillbilly, take away West Va [oy vey!] and we followed a similar path. Mine was Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau/LI, back to Queens, then NJ [Atlantic County, south of the Mason-Dixon line!] since 1979.

However, no prep school for AE. Still proudly projecting my NY/LI accent, haha.

The first time I spoke to Matilda on the phone [she's a Brit] she exclaimed "OMG, you sound just like American movies!]

The first time I spoke to Mountainannie on the phone [a NYer] she said "Oh it's so good to hear an accent from home!]

Ah, they should have heard me 30 years ago, before the accent mellowed a bit from all the Philly native interactions. :cheeky:

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
WHAT EXIT????? lol (I'm betting it's N. Jersey, not S. Jersey, the "good" Jersey. LOL j/k of course)

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Welcome Hazeleyez..........so, you planning on living in the DR or is this a vacation for you. Tell us more about your self, your plans, interests, family, that kinda thing. We`re a nosey group here, LOL

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
North Jersey --- Essex County --- although I haven't lived there for "many" years. "Joisey" in the blood ... and we are everywhere!!!

:cool:

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Welcome to dr1.
I am fellow Jerseyite as well. Born in S. Korea moved to Queens NYC in mid 80's, moved to NJ in late 80's and moved to DR about 3 months ago. I also learned alot in this site and some of the interesting/fun posts on this site keeps me going during the work/off hours and I am getting informed in many matters.

Oh by the way Exit 18W here, because I perfer express EZ-Pass with/without traffic.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Joisey in da Hous!!!!...me too Started in the Emerald City of Bayonne!!!! Then headed South....Southern Ocean County!!!