Coral Costa Caribe vs Talenquera in Juan Dolio?

HM11

Mar 24, 2012
have drivin by many times and pretty sure they both are older. In need of a renovation.

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
oh you mean on the "south beach" of the caribe or DR??!!

Anyone know these two hotels, any personal experience, opinions please?

We went to Costa Caribe on 2 different occasions last summer as I was getting an all inclusive rate of $80+/- for 2 a night using cheapcaribbean.com.

It was a Hilton? property some time ago and has evidently (I am told) slipped a bit over the years.

However we will go again given the value for the buck. Food is passable to good, rooms clean, nice beach. In fact we had some lovely walks and swims outside the compound down the beach. They need to do a little better job skimming the pool....that is my only comment for this budget all inclusive. ....i.e. at $80 f/ 2 a night it was a great deal in my estimation.

My only comment that is other than the "south beach" thing....referring to another thread whose name alone drives me crazy. As the best beach closest to the first city, it continues to amaze me that no one can come in and make a go of some first class resort operations so close (45 mins) to the (also in need of a tourism boost) Zona Colonial. It's $ad how $leepy minded corruption can blind those in commerce from $eeing the financial potential of a re$ort community driving biz to and fro the "fir$t$" of $anto Domingo. But then again the Malecon Center is all but shuttered at this point further illustrating the moronic and systemic blindness of the tourism /development community here in regards to the lack of (will?) utilization of the capitols historic and waterfront a$$et$. (that and an endless slew of new malls in city centre cannibalizing rather than creating incremental traffic).

The upside for a cheapas$ such as myself of course is the availability and appeal of places like Costa Caribe. If there was any real sense of business acumen here, I would not have found the $80/night deal on such a beautiful beach.