gunslinger in Cabarete

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
According to todays (May 2, 2012) Dominican Today.

The Mayor of Cabarete fired three shots into a car that came too close to his. Victim driver wants him charged with attempted murder. This is described as his fourth violent incident. Gotta love the DR!!! Where in the world would the most dangerous guy in town be the mayor?
Cabarete Chamber of Commerce must hate this guy. Tough to sell condos in a town where the mayor might shoot you.
At least we are safe in Sosua, "the DRs most friendly town",- 9mm cannot carry that far when he misses.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
He is no more than a thug from what I can see.

I used to laugh at this crazy stuff, but I\m tired of it. The people calling the shots in the DR are like a bunch of gremlins at a midnight feast.

You have to live in a bubble to avoid hearing about these crazy things.

Anywhere else he'd be locked up by now. But it isn't anywhere else and these things are impossible to keep out of your life as they are there every day in some stupid ridiculous form or another.

These guys are figures of authority , what a sorry state of a country, and never getting better. Right now I miss it like toothache.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Oh, come on . This happens everywhere in the world. Sounds like more DR bashing.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Oh, come on . This happens everywhere in the world. Sounds like more DR bashing.

Born and raised in Chicago.......first 30 years...
Phoenix Arizona.......next 28 years......
Never heard of this sort of thing happening by a government official......never...

B in Santiago

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011

Happens everywhere? No it doesn't, and no it isn't, I am very fond of the DR, does that mean I have to bury my head? I call a clusterfuk and clusterfuk and I'm calling the sorry state of affairs just that right now. No bashing anything, bashing would be moaning about something irrelevant that is purposefully negative. The point that this guy is not in a cell takes all the effort a basher would have to make out of the equation, the DR bashes itself, no need for any dramatization here.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Maybe it does happen in his world but it most certainly does not occur in the real world.

Best resolution would be for His Honor to come up against an armed, trained, licensed, gun owner who has the capability to respond and end his term in office with extreme prejudice.

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Everywhere?
Not in civilised societies!

donP
This is one fkd up corrupt, disfunctional, third world, ****hole I've ever had the misfortune of visiting. I'm wrapping it up here.....back to Asia...I guess.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
You Know Where You Are ?

Welcome to the jungle, we got fun 'n' games
We got everything you want, honey we know the names
We are the people that you find, whatever you may need
If you got the money, honey we got your disease

In the jungle, welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your kn-kn-knees, knees
I wanna watch you bleed

Welcome to the jungle we take it day by day
If you want it you're gonna bleed but it's the price you pay
And you're a very sexy girl whose very hard to please
You can taste the bright lights but you won't get them for free

In the jungle, welcome to the jungle
Feel my, my, my, my serpentine
I, I wanna hear you scream

Welcome to the jungle it gets worse here everyday
You learn to live like an animal in the jungle where we play

If you got a hunger for what you see, you'll take it eventually
You can have anything you want but you better not take it from me

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
Last year i saw a very big advertising in Miami on a wall, you could see it from the motorway when coming from Fort Lauderdale into Miami.
The Message where.
COME TO DOMINICAN REPUBLIC WHERE EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Anyway .... They do not lie that time

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
WOW, maybe a smiley face should have been put at the end of the post. It is called SARCASM!
Cheer up, Jumbo. I got it even if others didn't. But you cannot blame them for not getting it with so many regular posters here falling over themselves to suck up to the the DR's criminal ruling class.

By the way, the correct term is "irony" not "sarcasm".

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
This is one fkd up corrupt, disfunctional, third world, ****hole I've ever had the misfortune of visiting. I'm wrapping it up here.....back to Asia...I guess.
I can't agree with that because I love it here, but people like this so called mayor certainly contribute to the bad impression some people have. No matter which party he is with, he needs to go. Shooting into someone's car is attempted murder. No doubt about it. And no - this sort of thing certainly doesn't happen all over the world.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I can't agree with that because I love it here, but people like this so called mayor certainly contribute to the bad impression some people have. No matter which party he is with, he needs to go. Shooting into someone's car is attempted murder. No doubt about it. And no - this sort of thing certainly doesn't happen all over the world.

Sure it does, but there are consequences in other nations, ..... this is a simple case of ROAD RAGE that has gone bad. And its NEVER happens anywhere else?????? How many people are killed or assaulted in the good ol USA, or other countries in road rage incidents???? The only difference is that they get prosecuted there, and don't here.....yes Canoa needs to go

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
When I first moved to Phoenix Arizona 35 odd years ago it was a beautiful city to live in. The population was around 200,000 and you never heard of road rage. When I left to live here a little over 6 years ago, the road rage problem was epidemic.
For one it is legal to own a gun there without registration, still the wild wild west. You only need a permit if it is concealed.
With the influx of drugs and illegals coming over the Mexico/Arizona border, crime and road rage is now in epidemic proportions. The Los Angeles gangs are also now present in Arizona to purchase guns to bring back to LA, and a problem with them in traffic you don't want.
When I left you heard almost on a daily basis that someone was shot in a traffic altercation. When I would drive I would never beep the horn, give a finger, yell out the window, or anything that could possibly end up in an altercation. I always had a pistol with me but who wants to get into a shoot out over something like getting cut off in traffic.
Living here in this regard is very similar to what is experienced in Phoenix........mind your own business when driving.
But I never ever heard of a government official pulling a stunt like this...........
he would get arrested in a split second.......regardless of his connections......

B in Santiago

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In a country such as the US where the president has problems over a bj (with or without a Dominican cigar involved) a mayor cannot get a away with shooting up a car. It certainly does not happen everywhere.