Cancelling Claro Multiplan.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
After calling Claro today about lack of TV in my house, I am going to Claro office tomorrow again. They said they require my user name and password(? which they never provided or gave me or instructions to get one). They said inorder to reset my password, I am going to have to goto one of their office and bring passport with me. I don't know what my user name and password have to do with me not getting a TV in my house but that is what they want me to do. Since I didn't and don't like being treated like a mutt in a trainging, I am considering cancelling my Claro multiplan all together. I was wondering if anybody know about the cancellation fees of Claro Multiplan? I only had it for one week and I still have all the boxes and crap they left behind. I had problem from day 1 of ordering and I am not happy at all with lack of TV in my house after a day after installation. I am willing to servive another month with no internet/TV if the price is reasonable.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
After calling Claro today about lack of TV in my house, I am going to Claro office tomorrow again. They said they require my user name and password(? which they never provided or gave me or instructions to get one). They said inorder to reset my password, I am going to have to goto one of their office and bring passport with me. I don't know what my user name and password have to do with me not getting a TV in my house but that is what they want me to do. Since I didn't and don't like being treated like a mutt in a trainging, I am considering cancelling my Claro multiplan all together. I was wondering if anybody know about the cancellation fees of Claro Multiplan? I only had it for one week and I still have all the boxes and crap they left behind. I had problem from day 1 of ordering and I am not happy at all with lack of TV in my house after a day after installation. I am willing to servive another month with no internet/TV if the price is reasonable.

Most of the times the cancellation-fee is just the rest of the plan!
So if you signed for let's say 18 months and you want to cancel you have to pay these 18 months!
Good luck and trust me; they are all the same!

I wanted to stop with Sky; they forced me to pay 4 months extra and still haven't picked-up the equipment!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
We cancelled ours for RD2,300 about three months ago. They will try to get 6 months out of you but just tell them you are leaving the country, speak to the advisor, not the idiots, and negotiate. We just told them to come down or they would get nothing as we were leaving the country and really weren't bothered by a blemish on our credit, not true, but it worked:classic: We did leave but we don't want and blemishes, and don't have so....... You can work them down.:pirate:

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Most of the times the cancellation-fee is just the rest of the plan!
So if you signed for let's say 18 months and you want to cancel you have to pay these 18 months!
Good luck and trust me; they are all the same!

I wanted to stop with Sky; they forced me to pay 4 months extra and still haven't picked-up the equipment!

Crap!

Are you saying I am going to have to pay full 18 months of subpar service that I never or partially received? There's no way I am paying that. I know this is different world that I am living in. But how happy do they think I am sitting here in my living room with a blue screen with red Claro logo smack on the middle stearing at me for past 6 days after me and my staffs running to their store like a litrtle mutt for almost month and half?

Bark and master calls, wait, jump through the hoops only to return with empty promise of there will be cheap treats thrown at me after three to five days...

Call Claro, wait on line, give them same freaking information to same guy, only to be told somebody will be at my house in three to five days...

You see a patern here. I did this for almost past month and half. And they dare to call me once again so I can stand on line probably have to give same information to same guy, to get same "repaire guy will be at my house in three to five days" answer?

I don't want to kill my worker for her giving me advice of "Claro have most English channels, best internet service and minutes of free calls to US." But she have gave me one of the worst advice thus far.

Koreano, what city here do you live in...........

B in Santiago
I live in Santiago near Lumijor.

We cancelled ours for RD2,300 about three months ago. They will try to get 6 months out of you but just tell them you are leaving the country, speak to the advisor, not the idiots, and negotiate. We just told them to come down or they would get nothing as we were leaving the country and really weren't bothered by a blemish on our credit, not true, but it worked:classic: We did leave but we don't want and blemishes, and don't have so....... You can work them down.:pirate:
There's no way I am paying 6 months for this and I rather not play "i am leaving the country" unless I truly am. But I will gladly pay double the amount to get rid of the Claro right now. My time and effort spent on this plus my staff time is worth far more then this. I'll go and hear what they have to say and I will try to work them down. Thanks for the advice!

All I want is problem free service from them, where I don't have ask someone to call for outages/problems. Is that too much to ask from a internet/cable provider? This truly sucks big time.

Last edited:

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Koreano, I was having similar problems with Claro way back when, But I befriended an English speaking assistant manager at Claro on Calle Del sol and Cuba and whenever I have a little problem now he takes care of it for me. If it will help you I can meet you at this office and see what he can do for you. He is there during the morning Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Maybe this will be of some help for you.........

B in Santiago

BILLYRAY

Mar 29, 2012
I had nothing but trouble with them.. I am finished this month..does anyone know of other internet and phone com.????

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Koreano, I was having similar problems with Claro way back when, But I befriended an English speaking assistant manager at Claro on Calle Del sol and Cuba and whenever I have a little problem now he takes care of it for me. If it will help you I can meet you at this office and see what he can do for you. He is there during the morning Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Maybe this will be of some help for you.........

B in Santiago

Take him up on it, Koreano, because this is what it boils down to... KNOWING SOMEONE, otherwise forget it...

BelgianK

Feb 7, 2007
Unfortunately in this country you won't be even able to pi$$ without knowing someone.... you need to "know" someone even to resolve basic customer service issues, and you ahve to be "bien pegao'.." to get more serious stuff done.

Anyway...Claro DSL Internet, cancellation fee is about 2700 pesos + taxes regardless of the month of contract in course. Don't know for Multiplan... For cellphone service they will most likely try to get the remainder of the contract from you.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Indotel

as per earlier post

"she signed a 12 month service contract for RD$3,000.00 per month, then weather it is used or not she owes for the 12 month period she agreed to in the first place. There is really no canceling a contract unless the service provider fails to meet service as per contract, and you followup through INDOTEL, then and only then can you get out of the contract, if the service provider cannot make the service promised correct as agreed."

You need to report the problem to INDOTEL to have any chance of reolving the problem or getting out of the contract.

lucas08

Sep 6, 2005
For everyone that is planning on canceling their service remember to keep the document they give you as proof of your cancellation. I went to cancel my service on Oct/2011. After I canceled it the bill kept on coming and each time I called to tell them it was already cancelled they tell them I have to go to their office. I went to their office 6 times and each time they promise me that they will solve it. They sometimes expect to you to loose your proof of cancellation and then you have to pay all the month u didn't get their service. I call indotel to help me with this case 2 times. Claro was very smart to take the amount I owned off my bill when they found out I contacted indotel and then they added the bill to my cell phone bill the next month and then I had to call indotel again. As of April of 2012 I finally cancelled their service.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
HAHAHAHA...

I was right on this two days ago. I feel like I am Bill Murray in the movieGroundhog Day. No matter what I wake up to same day.

"Someone will call you in three to five days." That's the answer Igot from them again. I guess I have to makesure I don?t put anything down before Tuesday since it will be Tuesday orearlier they will call and come by(if they do decide to come). It?s so predictable, it isn?t evenfunny. If Claro somehow believes theyare giving GREATEST services in this country by just throwing three to fivedays to their customers and getting there/fix the problem before three days, theyare wrong. And it isn?t going to leavegood reputation with me, it may work with Dominicans but not me. They can keep their $1270 credit I am gettingand just give me consistent services that I ordered. Yesterday I have noticed I don?t have internetservice in my house and it feels like my service is getting worse since I don?thave to pay couple of weeks of the service. But I am thru complaining about Claro because like earlier posts I dobelieve it?s all same crap in a different scent. They all stinks and stinks BAD.

Waytogo check your pm. I?ll send my cell.

I don?t know what my Monday looks like yet but fromlooking at past couple of weeks, things don?t look good. Since I am learning more about how thiscompany has been running, it scares me to leave unattended. But still I would like to go to office inSantiago and perhaps talk with the guy and get it fixed faster and find outwhere to go if problem continues.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Had service with Tricom and Star Cable....................both were worse......
Remember, he's available only in the mornings.
It's best to be there when they open at 8 am because the place is empty.
Can't promise the best of results, but we'll give it a shot.........

B in Santiago