Legal Question rregarding Divorce and Residence

george1

Jan 2, 2011
Good afternoon, I have a quick question.
I need to undertake to enterprises shortly: Divorce and Residencia.

I have been fully separated from my ex wife for 5 years now and need to divorce her.
I am also liviing here for 8 years now and need to get me Residencia squared away.
Is there any particular order in which to do things? I believe in my opinion that it might actually help that I am stilll married to a Doominican Lady (18 years of marriage alll together).
Please advise.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Good afternoon, I have a quick question.
I need to undertake to enterprises shortly: Divorce and Residencia.

I have been fully separated from my ex wife for 5 years now and need to divorce her.
I am also liviing here for 8 years now and need to get me Residencia squared away.
Is there any particular order in which to do things? I believe in my opinion that it might actually help that I am stilll married to a Doominican Lady (18 years of marriage alll together).
Please advise.

Well if you have been legally (still) married to a Dominicana for 18 years, you are NOT married legally to your wife of the last 8 years.

I would tread lightly and hope like hell the 2nd wife does not find out or some gung ho prosecutor either!

george1

Jan 2, 2011
Well if you have been legally (still) married to a Dominicana for 18 years, you are NOT married legally to your wife of the last 8 years.

I would tread lightly and hope like hell the 2nd wife does not find out or some gung ho prosecutor either!

No, no, God forbid.....all is on the up and up. My current partner knows all about all. The moment I am divorced, I will marry my current wife, we have 3 children together and she is the love of my life.

As for the first wife that I still need to divorce, the Doominican spelling must have been a Freudian thing.

And no, the first wife is not talking to me in any way, only via attorneys. She is insane.

Thank you for your input.