me with crackers

and i have taken 4 tylenol

and mixed one half in with her supper

thanks for listening to me rant, team

i preciate it!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
please, no tylenol for dogs. it can cause vomiting, stomach pain and is never recommended for use in canines. give her aspirine instead. she has to be healthy for me to snatch her away, remember?
and get better soon, both of you!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
please, no tylenol for dogs. it can cause vomiting, stomach pain and is never recommended for use in canines. give her aspirine instead. she has to be healthy for me to snatch her away, remember?

i do not have any aspirin\

sorry

i just give her what i take myself

she is much better

wanted to go down stairs in the wet even for a walk

and she does not like the wet

and has paper in the back room

you do not think I would hurt MME Shihtzu, do you?

but thanks.. I will put in Aspirin for MME.. per pharmacist's instructions

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
olive oil for ear problems

you know i had always heard that and they used to do that to me as a child.. warm oil

but there just seems to be stuff GROWING in there so I did some checking

psychicly with the cells down there

and they said that they did not want oil

they wanted astringent.. witch hazel

and the coritsone antibiotic drops

not olive oil

just trying to do what they were telling me

i have been stupid and had the fan running right on my head at night with the cold night air because i have not fixed the electric switch on the other side of the room

and this storm came in from the south and the weather has been damp

i sleep on the south side and the window is wide open to the sea..

so that is why i got it..

plus, of course. I have NEVER been up to the Tinaco to put Chloro in it... as if the water here were not running through 500 year old pipes.. as if it were not picking up flood water, as if poor little inapa could keep up with it all!!!

so it is my own damn fault!!

but all these things have been duly noted and will be dealt with

thanks for the good wishes

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
MA, the best medicine for animal is as recommended by a vet. i can only tell you that out of the common human medicine aspirine is a better choice for pain. baby aspirin or 81mg, coated would be best. still not so good for the tummy :(
for ear infections i really think you should see a doctor but try to put some cotton inside your ear, or maybe those little rubber noise blocking thingies. it will give you a bit of protection.
best wishes from rainy POP.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
MA, the best medicine for animal is as recommended by a vet. i can only tell you that out of the common human medicine aspirine is a better choice for pain. baby aspirin or 81mg, coated would be best. still not so good for the tummy :(
for ear infections i really think you should see a doctor but try to put some cotton inside your ear, or maybe those little rubber noise blocking thingies. it will give you a bit of protection.

best wishes from rainy POP.

dv

i lived on the hill in haiti for a year without electricity

and on a boat off the coast of australia for nine months

i consider myself a doctor

thanks for the good wishes

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
If you have a build up of earwax which sometimes causes discomfort, hydrogen peroxide will move it. It fizzes a bit and it's quite a pleasant experience! Just pour it in, wait for the fizzing to stop, then drain out.

It's also safe for dogs.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010

ONLY BUFFERED ASPIRIN much safer on doggie's stomach.

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
Once you have the infection it's more difficult to clear up. External ear canal infections seem more prevalent here than up north. But for our 5 dogs (and myself) I use a homemade ear cleaner recipe to keep our ears healthy and prevent any external infections in the canal. Has worked wonders for several years as a preventative and will even clear up mild infections if treated soon enough.

Ear Cleaner
Must follow exact order, boric acid will only dissolve in the alcohol.
6 oz. isopropyl alcohol
1 ? t boric acid
Mix until boric acid powder is completely dissolved.
Add
2 oz. white vinegar
1 t betadine
Mix well.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
As a cleaner, for years I've just used mineral oil, heated up a bit in the microwave, pour it in, dumpe it out (repeat as necessary) and clean with a tissue. No ear infections to date :)

Should have thought of it before for the dogs...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If you have a build up of earwax which sometimes causes discomfort, hydrogen peroxide will move it. It fizzes a bit and it's quite a pleasant experience! Just pour it in, wait for the fizzing to stop, then drain out.

It's also safe for dogs.

Mr. AE does that, but he pops a cotton ball in his ear to hold it in there a bit. It works!!!

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
WHAT???? !!!! .... I can't hear you. Yea, I tried home remedies for my ears a couple of years ago. WHAT DID YOU SAY???? I didn't hear that... please repeat. WHAT???? sorry... still didn't hear you. Could you write that down for me? WHAT WAS THAT???? sorry... missed it. DIGA UNA VEZ MAS POR FAVOR.

LOL (sorry... couldn't resist, and Pi2 isn't around to torment.)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
sorry... couldn't resist, and Pi2 isn't around to torment.

You are really obsessed with pi2, holy $hit your last 10 posts mention him, are you in love with him?

I would not be surprised if you opened up pi3 and pretended to be Pie Hole.