Flights SDQ-HAVANA: can I buy ticket at the airport?

giga

Feb 11, 2012
hello,

I would like to travel from Santo Domingo Aiport to Havana-(Cuba) by purchasing a one way ticket at SDQ (sano domingo) airport;

What Cuban airlines are available at SDQ airport? Are they open on Saturday?

Pls help;

THank you very much ;-)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
hello,

I would like to travel from Santo Domingo Aiport to Havana-(Cuba) by purchasing a one way ticket at SDQ (sano domingo) airport;

What Cuban airlines are available at SDQ airport? Are they open on Saturday?

Pls help;

THank you very much ;-)

It is my understanding that you have to have a round trip ticket to enter Cuba. Also you need to have a visa from Cuba. And there may not be any flights on a Saturday.

Have you done your research on the internet?

giga

Feb 11, 2012
It is my understanding that you have to have a round trip ticket to enter Cuba. Also you need to have a visa from Cuba. And there may not be any flights on a Saturday.

no need for visa to go to cuba: thousands travel there and get visa at arrival;

yeah ive to search the internet

giga

Feb 11, 2012

sorry ken, i forgot to mention i m a US and Italian citizen, probably dominicans need a visa to enter cuba

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
no need for visa to go to cuba: thousands travel there and get visa at arrival;

yeah ive to search the internet

Hahahaha... They will not let you enter the plane to Cuba, if you dont have any kind of visa.
And please give me a link to the page on Internet that says you dont need a visa in advance before you go to Cuba.
For that is big lie..
Before was it only at Jose Marti airport in Havana, they could issue a visa at arrival, but that is very big risk and will also take some longer time and also rise a lot of questions..
And will also not let you enter the plane without a ticket out of Cuba again.

Cubana airlines and immigration in Cuba can be very tough, if papers and everything else is not right.

And why didnt you read the thread I gave you , it answer all your questions..

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
sorry ken, i forgot to mention i m a US and Italian citizen, probably dominicans need a visa to enter cuba

The fact you are American and Italian makes no difference. Pay attention to what Chrismic says. If you find the very recent thread on travel to Cuba you will see ample evidence that he knows Cuba and what he is talking about.

I'm not Dominican and had to have a visa/tourist card and round trip ticket.

I would most certainly not waste my time going to the airport to get a ticket for Cuba if I did not have a visa and was not prepared to buy a round trip ticket. And I would do everything I could not to get the Cuban immigration officials on my case.

Last edited: