Let's try and get it right

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I may be totally off base here and making 2 and 2 make 5 but there was this post here
http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/123549-cabarete-medical-center.html
which talked about a lady who had had a stroke and was taken to CMC in Sosua and how great they were to her, but unfortunately she died.

Then there was this post here
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/123642-swedish-woman-killed.html
where a lady was near beaten to death by her Haitian boyfriend, and then the hospital abused her and she subsequently died.

I have a funny feeling it might be the same lady - God rest her soul and condolences to her relatives.

Do you think there is a chance that less assumption and less Google translation and only posting information that people know is true might make things a little more respectful to the friends and relatives of the deceased and to the people involved or am I asking too much?

Matilda

TStroman3

Sep 11, 2011
What is the above post about Salsafan? Sounds a little sarcastic for someone new with only 29 posts...

Mar 2, 2008
I may be totally off base here and making 2 and 2 make 5 but there was this post here
http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/123549-cabarete-medical-center.html
which talked about a lady who had had a stroke and was taken to CMC in Sosua and how great they were to her, but unfortunately she died.

Then there was this post here
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/123642-swedish-woman-killed.html
where a lady was near beaten to death by her Haitian boyfriend, and then the hospital abused her and she subsequently died.

I have a funny feeling it might be the same lady - God rest her soul and condolences to her relatives.

Do you think there is a chance that less assumption and less Google translation and only posting information that people know is true might make things a little more respectful to the friends and relatives of the deceased and to the people involved or am I asking too much?

Matilda

Matilda has it absolutely right. The two contrasting threads concern the exact same event. Two drastically different accounts.

Perhaps some posters believe it is good sport to comment on events they know nothing about, but for those personally involved that type of response can be very hurtful.

There were several long-time posters who immediately declared their own interpretations as fact, and yes I'm referring to Chip in particular. Clearly his personal agenda superseded any reasoned and thoughtful response. There is no excuse for for such crass behavior, but I'm sure those same posters will manufacture some illogical reason for their behavior.

Thank you Matilida for bringing this issue to the attention of the board. This story is still developing, and no one knows all the facts yet, but 'the green guy' is a very good source since it was in his establishment where the deceased was found.

Some of you guys really need to get a life.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
It's a good reminder that the stories we hear involve the lives of real people.

As foreigners, we sometimes rely on press reports, which are so highly unreliable. And family and friends of the person effected may also rely on the same things when they are not in country. It's really common for DR1 to come up in google searches of many kinds related to the DR.

I'll add my condolences to family and friends of the deceased.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
mat, if people only spoke about things they really know about the world would be a silent place. dr1, like all forums is about opinions and comments. people speculate and jump into conclusions all the time. that we do it here is not quite important, who should be corrected here is the police and authorities acting upon "the butler did it'.

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
mat, if people only spoke about things they really know about the world would be a silent place. dr1, like all forums is about opinions and comments. people speculate and jump into conclusions all the time. that we do it here is not quite important, who should be corrected here is the police and authorities acting upon "the butler did it'.

No no no,
Jumping into conclusions and speculating, after reading something, is your own responsibility!!!
You might call it gossip if you like :)

This is one of the reasons, why new readers on this board, who plan a vacation on this island, are too afraid to leave their AI. They read in advance.

Do you think everything a US paper prints is the true?
Papers sell on behalf of income from advertisement and political influence, even in the US.

Meeting people who can't read, gives me joy, because they can't read the crap in the papers, nor do they intend to.
They seem to have "a peace of mind", that's very tranquillo.
Sorry to say this, but those persons mostly have the nicest personality and know not to jump conclusions.

Sorry for reading....