need books in English

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Just moved from new jersey to santo domingo on april 24th.Does anybody know of a bookstore where i can purchase books in english in the capital?

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
That's why they invented Nook and Kindle. Buy them online download them immed and start reading. But ya shoulda bought the nook before coming here.

That's what we're doing! Just awaiting the arrival of 2 Kobo ereaders from Amazon, got tons of free books downloaded ready for the long hot summer :)

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
thanks for your reply,but since i'm here i'm looking for hard cover books,i prefer them over Nook or Kindle.

Feb 7, 2007
It's hard to get English language books in the DR, maybe Cuesta has them... but I either download ebooks or ship them here to DR via Miami. It effectively increases the cost of books by 30-50% but...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There are English book sections of varying sizes and quality in Cuesta (27 and Lincoln), Thesaurus (Lincoln and Sarasota) and New Horizons (Sarasota). The Helen Kellogg Library also sells used books. They are on Av. Independencia in Gazcue, just before the intersection with Danae, in the yard behind the Church of the Epiphany.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
There are English book sections of varying sizes and quality in Cuesta (27 and Lincoln), Thesaurus (Lincoln and Sarasota) and New Horizons (Sarasota). The Helen Kellogg Library also sells used books. They are on Av. Independencia in Gazcue, just before the intersection with Danae, in the yard behind the Church of the Epiphany.

thanks,i'll check it out.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
IUhave hundreds of books on different subjects, mostly paperbacks. What do youlike to read>>>??? Lemme know.

HB

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
why not create a kinda exchange bank (for books of course)?
I would also be a good mean for poeple to meet
:)