Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default jumping mouse - callin' dr1 computer squad

dear geeks,
    i have a dell laptop and i use external mouse. every time i write anything (be it word or a post on dr1) a cursor seems to be jumping about. can happen every few words or every few lines. usually cursor jumps towards the same letter and continues from then on.
    not sure i explain it right... say, in a middle of a word towards a cursor will jump back to a word dell, from one d to another. sometimes it jumps out of the page completely. i write looking at the keys so i will not only note a change after few words.
    i tried writing with a laptop mouse pad, the same happens. i lokked at control panel and mouse settings but i cannot see anything that would correspond to this issue.
    any suggestions?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been having the SAME problem. I also find that sometimes while I'm typing, the whole line becomes highlighted and then gets erased. Very aggravating when it happens.

Looking forward to seeing the answers too!

Administrator
    DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes a little bit of dirt or a piece of lint, hair, etc can cause this in the laser underneath the mouse.......
    And, check your batteries......both of them....

B in Santiago

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it's not the mouse. the same happens when i connect miesposo's logitech mouse, the same happens with my laptop mouse pad

Post Thanks / Like

Does your laptop seem unusually hot.............
    This can also happen if it's overheating because the fan isn't working properly..........

B in Santiago

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

I had exactly the same problem - there is a thread on it somewhere. It was because too much electricity was coming into the lap top. We were in a new house and the wiring had been done wrongly - two positives and one negative instead of positive, negative and earth. Is it the same when working on battery?

matilda

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

laptop is cool. it is connecetd and turned on at all times, i hardly ever switch it off.
    lemme try battery only, mat, i will let you know.

Post Thanks / Like

I do know that my guru told me that laptops need to be turned off every now and then. It allows the systems to adjust.

I agree on the lint on the mouse. Sometimes you need to clean up inside. Or else get a cat!!

Also make sure you do not have a bunch of lint in the air intake for the fan.

Let us know is something we say works..

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I do know that my guru told me that laptops need to be turned off every now and then. It allows the systems to adjust.

I agree on the lint on the mouse. Sometimes you need to clean up inside. Or else get a cat!!

Also make sure you do not have a bunch of lint in the air intake for the fan.

Let us know is something we say works..

HB
    The inside of a mouse can get really nasty.

Also: download and install new drivers.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem but discovered I was hitting the touch pad by accident while typing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast