Fugitive US pedophile arrested in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...nts-arrest-US-man-wanted-on-child-rape-charge

Some of you may remember Troy Brimm. He posted a few times here on DR1 about the wonderful time he was having at a certain hotel in Cabarete:

Casa Blanca Hotel, and Information wanted on two cabarete Hotels.

He even wrote a review for Trip Advisor, calling it his ?home away from home?:

Casa Blanca - My Home Away From Home - Review of Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp, Cabarete, Dominican Republic - TripAdvisor

And when the hotel owner (who happened to be a ?retired? pastor from Canada) was told Mr Brimm was a twice convicted child sex offender from the US that had just recently gotten out of prison in California, and being that his hotel was just across the street from a grade school, that if he wasn't going to throw him out, he had a duty to warn the school?at the very least.. and probably his own hotel guests too (in the US, it is pretty standard these days that convicted pedophiles with multiple convictions must warn the community where they live, even if they have ?done their time?) if he was going to continue to rent to him. The hotel owner didn?t seem to think it was a big deal though. And Mr Brimm continued to live there anonymously until high season came around, and he didn?t need his money anymore.

I'm sorry, but in my book pedophiles have given up their right to anonymity. And it is wrong for hotel owners to hide stuff like this, just so they can make money.

SkoobaDyver

Mar 31, 2011
This is quite alarming indeed! I have personally seen this individual in the company of young Haitian boys around Cabarete beach. Some people have a face you cannot forget, mainly due to giving those around them an extreme case of "The Willies"!

Good to hear justice finally caught up with him. I wonder if the authorities will have the good sense to forensically investigate whatever computer he may have carried along with him during his "tourism"?

Status
Not open for further replies.