Air conditioning units in Santiago?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I need an A/C unit for an office space that I'm renting.

Who sells these units at reasonable prices? I was also considering buying a used unit, but I'm not I'm sure if that should be an option.

Thanks.

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
VM,

First, I'd try the new Bellon. If not there, definitely at PriceSmart.

Preston

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Just browsing about a week ago, I think I saw one at pricesmart for 26,000. Although I didn't see the specs, as a starting point would that be a good price for an A/C split unit?

Thanks.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Yes, that's a decent price for something in the 24,000BTU range. Make sure there are those in your area who can work on the brand you get, however. I've purchase a/c units only to discover when they broke that no parts or expertise was available. Still with brands your maintenance people know!

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Yes, that's a decent price for something in the 24,000BTU range. Make sure there are those in your area who can work on the brand you get, however. I've purchase a/c units only to discover when they broke that no parts or expertise was available. Still with brands your maintenance people know!

This is a really good tip, thanks! This didn't cross my mind and now that you mention it I will make sure to do this once my moving time comes around. Could you recommend any brands that are "good"?

To the OP, Ive seen Plaza Lama with pretty decent prices, an 18,000 btu unit for about $19K with free installation.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
There are a few refrigeration parts places that also sell split a/c's. Refriparts is one of them, and if I remember correctly, they sell TGM brand split A/C's. I think they are in Santiago too.

TGM A/C's are very simple, and parts are readily available for them in any A/C repuestos store.

I think you'll find that the TGM is the cheapest A/C you can buy.

I got a quote for a 10K super silent TGM split for 12K pesos last month.

Thats a pretty good price. Cheaper than Plaza Lama where Ive seen Westinghouse 14Kbtu unit for $18K pesos.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
In my opinion, TGM's are great, no frills A/C that will last forever, and have simple electronic cards that are easy to find/repair if and when they go bad due to power fluctuations.

I would go out of my way to find that brand when I buy one (probably next month.)

If you find one, please share where and how much, thanks!