Host Family

LaTipa

May 7, 2012
Hello!
I am looking for families in Santo Domingo who might be interested in being a host family for a volunteer from the US at the end of May for a week. I'm looking for a family who has space in their house for an extra person to stay and who possibly wants to practice their English. If you or someone you know might be interested send me a message.

Saludous,
Busco alojamiento para voluntarios norteamericanos por una semana en Santo Domingo, pa' finales de Mayo. Puedan ser una familia que quieren practicar ingles y tienen espacio para otro gente. Alguien interesando mandame un mensaje. (No es de gratis)

platanito

Oct 30, 2005
Hello!
I am looking for families in Santo Domingo who might be interested in being a host family for a volunteer from the US at the end of May for a week. I'm looking for a family who has space in their house for an extra person to stay and who possibly wants to practice their English. If you or someone you know might be interested send me a message.

Saludous,
Busco alojamiento para voluntarios norteamericanos por una semana en Santo Domingo, pa' finales de Mayo. Puedan ser una familia que quieren practicar ingles y tienen espacio para otro gente. Alguien interesando mandame un mensaje. (No es de gratis)

You might want to give more details about this request. As a reader, I wonder who is this person, age, character? what kind of mission brings him/her to the the DR? Profile and ideal family to host this person? If this person is a volunteer for a week, I suppose he/she will be out of the house on the volunteer work during that week, when will the host family/people practice English with the volunteer?.

Since this person will be paying, why not find a hotel or bed and breakfast?

Oct 2, 2011
Peravia, Bani
How things are nowadays it will be difficult to anyone to accept an unknown person into their home.
I totally agree with platanito, Find a hotel.

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hello!

Saludous,

You might consider couchsurfing.com for this type of activity.

Oct 28, 2011
If you are thinking of Dominicans who want to practice their English, probably the universities and the students might be a good start.