How does Wind compare to Claro?

Nov 25, 2008
First hand account
I started with claro and changed to wind for $ reasons, at the end of 7 months I signed with claro again
Wind tec support is no existence , if your lucky to get them on the phone all they really do is say disconnect the equipment and hit the reset button. NO in house support
After combing for 7 weeks that my internet was slow they informed me that they cannot guarantee connection.
I live in Santiago and next to me another house has wind with no problem; I explained this to them to see if can send someone to my home but NO in house support
I guess you pay what you get

Feb 7, 2007
I have heard just opposite things about Wind, excellent service (product) & customer service... strange that you have different experience.

lucas08

Sep 6, 2005
claro internet speed is faster than Windtelecom but claro internet stop working once it start raining. During raining season it happens everyday! Get Windtelecom and try it at your house if it has 3 bars of connection and it works well then just keep it otherwise i think you can return the equipment in less than 3 days with no problems.

Feb 7, 2007
Wind Telecom's service is cheaper for speeds of up to 4 MB. And you can just get internet with no phone line, if you like, from Wind. Claro now offers naked DSL (DSL pelado) as well, but at higher cost than regular DSL (though still cheaper than phone line + DSL, especially on lower plans <5 MB).

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
Claro's triple deal thing is 3k without taxes, Wind's is 2500 with taxes, but I've been hearing mixed reviews about Wind.