Contact lens available in DR?

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
I need more contact lenses in Cabarete. Have current Rx from USA, but probably not important here.

Can I buy here? Or must I ordered and have shipped from USA?

drbcabarete

Oct 21, 2005
You do not need a prescription in this Country for lenses. If you have your correct numbers and know the type you need, they are readily available and almost at the same cost as in the US. La Sirena in POP has an optical company inside. They usually have a good stock of lenses. They are affiliated with a company that also has 2 other offices and can order what you need in a day or less. In Santiago and certainly in Santo Domingo there are many opticians' offices and most lenses and lens types are in stock. Also if you need an eye exam, there are a number of qualified optician/types in POP, none in Cabarete or Sosua but close enough in POP to provide examinations and again lenses.

Jan 22, 2010
I don't recommend the place inside La Sirena....

I buy 3 pairs lenses each 3 months...At Optica Panioramica which is located inside Sirena they cost 1600 pesos for 3 pairs while Optica Oviedo in the city they have them at 1200 pesos.... so is 33% cheaper. Same lenses same mark....

T.E.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
I don't recommend the place inside La Sirena....

I buy 3 pairs lenses each 3 months...At Optica Panioramica which is located inside Sirena they cost 1600 pesos for 3 pairs while Optica Oviedo in the city they have them at 1200 pesos.... so is 33% cheaper. Same lenses same mark....

T.E.
Thanks. This is in POP, right?

I might have to have them order as wear Air Optix Night & Day, which are expensive. Best price on web is still about US$40 (box6), but love them as can wear for up to 30 days. I kind of forget I wear a contact. That's how I ran out!!

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
southward,
i order from visiondirect.com and have sent to eps miami for forwarding to eps in the ocean dream plaza.
since the weight is minimal, the shipping cost isn't that much. usually here 3 days after arrival in miami.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Thanks. This is in POP, right?
I might have to have them order as wear Air Optix Night & Day, which are expensive. Best price on web is still about US$40 (box6), but love them as can wear for up to 30 days. I kind of forget I wear a contact. That's how I ran out!!

i use the same lenses. i always buy several packets in one go. they last forever. best lenses ever made.

only checked DR price once (in santiago, few years back) and it was almost twice what i pay back home (in poland). not to mention that polish vision express offers me free checkup and a discout on lenses. also, my sight is so bad my lenses have to be specially ordered. sometimes it takes a while so then VE sends them GRATIS to our EPS in USA. great customer service!

so beware, if your lenses are unusual too you may have to wait a long time before they order and before lenses arrive to DR. i really think you should buy online.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
go to sirena in puertaplata I was in the same situational you no prescription is needed however they only have so many eye prescriptions lenses In place so you will have to check there stock personally or give them the info on your box of lenses .If this does not work for you as I did too I ordered from 1 800 contac lenses from usa and because I was

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
Santo Domingo is wonderful for getting contact lenses. They are cheaper here than in the states.

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
I cannot find my receipt but will continue to look for it. The brand they sold me is called BioMedics XC (Cooper Vision).