Permission for childern to leave country

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
I have a question for Mr Guzman, but first the back ground. Two years ago I left the DR traveling with my friends wife and two childern. She had permission papers from the fathers of the childern, but the migration officer said they did not have the correct stamps and she had to pay for them to leave. They now have 10 year green cards and are going to visit the DR this summer. Do they need a new set of FATHERS PERMISSION PAPERS to return to the US. They have thier green cards, but thats to enter the US, I am concerned about leaving the DR and being HELD UP by migration.
My wife and her son are also going for a visit, the only differance is she and her son have two year green cards. It is a R P I T A to get these papers as are DR house is as far away from the captial as you can possible go in the DR.

sarah1101

Apr 27, 2012
United States
I am not Mr. Guzman but these site have been useful to me.
:cheeky:

Embassy of the Dominican Republic, in the United States

[h=6]2)Are there any requirements to travel with minors to the Dominican
Republic?[/h]If the minor is traveling with one or both of his/her parents no
extra documentation will be required.

If the minor is traveling with a
person that is not their father, mother or tutor, they will have to leave the
country with the same person they enter it.

If they are leaving the
country with a different person the authorities of the General Migration Office
will require a legalized authorization letter signed by both parents.

You can legalize this document at your nearest Consulate.

http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/faq.html
Travelling with Minors
When children travel to the Dominican Republic with only one parent, or with non-parents, the Dominican Republic does not require any special letter of authorization, as long as they leave the DR with the same people they arrived with. (Note that it had previously been indicated that minors traveling with only one parent or non-parents had to have a letter of authorization translated into Spanish and legalized by the Dominican Consulate. This in fact pertains only to Dominican minors under 18, not to foreign travelers.) If a minor child is not leaving the Dominican Republic with the same people they arrived with, the parents or legal guardians must provide to the new companion, a letter of consent, legalized at the nearest Dominican Republic Consulate to the parents' residence. If any further clarification is needed, please contact your nearest Dominican Consulate.

Check with your travel agent or tour operator to see what documentation is required at your country of origin for minors travelling alone or with one parent or non-parents. An authorization letter notarized and signed by the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) may be required.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Feb 7, 2007
If the MOTHER enters with the child on the same flight, even when the child is holding DR passport, she will be given a special entry card for minors by DR Migracion which will allows her to leave with the child(ren) using the same card, travelling together. It is some special new regulation, no permit (Permiso de Viaje de menores) from migracion in SD required with that card. I was handed one when I arrived with my daughter from Europe in January after the Xmas vacation there. I was handed one. The officer explained to me as per above. I had doubts (daughter is Dominican, and they were handing these cards to everybody - single parents traveling with children - not in case of both parents traveling) so I checked with migracion in SD and they confirmed me the same thing as above.

D.Rep

Jan 6, 2011
she will be given a special entry card for minors by DR Migracion which will allows her to leave with the child(ren) using the same card, travelling together.
That was the same procedure for us during our last trip and no discussion at the end for the flight back. It works!

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
US minor children must have permission from both parents to leave the US. Not sure how that applies to residents and other non-cititzens, but I would also check on whether they'd need permission to leave the US. My experience has been that they are inconsistent in checking for the documentation (it's the airline that should check), but I've never left without it.

Check with your travel agent or tour operator to see what documentation is required at your country of origin for minors travelling alone or with one parent or non-parents. An authorization letter notarized and signed by the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) may be required.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Again everyone's experience is different. I have never been asked for any type of permission papers leaving the US or leaving the DR. With that said though I always had my Permiso de Viaje with me. I had one from the US and the DR. Better safe than sorry.