Whitebeard's/Field of Dreams Change of Ownership

topdeckgames

Oct 26, 2011
Does anyone know any particulars about this? I talked to my friend there this weekend, and she said it had been sold to a Canadian. I had a great time there in February this year, and was planning on spending some time there next winter. Randall really had it going on there.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I am fairly sure it was not sold, it is being leased to new tenant.
Ask Dominican Billy for the real story.

May 17, 2011
I can't beleive this place has changed owners so many times. Plus they are trying to imitate black beards by calling themselves whitebeards. Anyhow I can't speak for white beards or whatever they want to be called as I have never been there. In my opnion I don't even think blackbeards will be holding on much longer. But who knows.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
went with the wife back in March this year.

Nice renovations, great rooms, good atmosphere, great staff - has a different vibe than that place in Costambar which is also good, but Whitebeards works - just as well.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
... they are trying to imitate black beards by calling themselves whitebeards.

1) Blackbeards itself ripped off the name of Yellowbeards, at that time a thriving girly bar in Pto Pta so they can hardly object to anyone ripping off their name. But that doesn't matter because:
2) The same people started Blackbeards (Alberto Noes? and Dominican Billy) as started Field of Dreams so they have a moral right to call the latter what they want. But that doesn't matter either because:
3) They have now sensibly reverted to the name "Field of Dreams"

Last edited:

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
You went there with your wife? What did she think of the chicas working there?
Very narrow-minded post. I have stayed many times at the old Field of Dreams and my fellow guests at various times included gringo and dominican couples, families with children, business travellers and government officials visiting the area. All got on every well and nobody was restricted or embarrassed.

I agree the recently added murals suggest a narrower clientele but I hope the new regime will whitewash those over as soon as possible. Some are quite nicely painted, some aren't, but they are all in the wrong sort of establishment. Field of Dreams is basically an upmarket motel and the murals would be better suited to a massage parlour in Sos?a.

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
New management at the Field of Dreams

Very narrow-minded post. I have stayed many times at the old Field of Dreams and my fellow guests at various times included gringo and dominican couples, families with children, business travellers and government officials visiting the area. All got on every well and nobody was restricted or embarrassed.

I agree the recently added murals suggest a narrower clientele but I hope the new regime will whitewash those over as soon as possible. Some are quite nicely painted, some aren't, but they are all in the wrong sort of establishment. Field of Dreams is basically an upmarket motel and the murals would be better suited to a massage parlor in Sos?a.

I agree wholeheartedly with removing the murals. As you state they are better suited for a massage parlor in Sosua. The new management is an English Canadian who has a rental agreement and has returned to the former name of Field of Dreams. I, as you also stated, had clients from couples with children to missionaries on a vacation from work in Haiti. It will take some time for sure for the new management to regain old clients and a new client base because of the name changes and target market turnover in the last 5 years since I left.

The "Whitebeards" name came about because someone wanted to antagonize the owner of Blackbeards.

topdeckgames

Oct 26, 2011
DBilly, do you know what the business plan is for the new lessee? What is their target market? My interest comes from my plans to return next winter. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit there in February this year, even though I was in an AI in Playa Dorada. I'm a single middle aged guy looking for a fun safe place to enjoy myself. The last time I looked at their website, they promoted the motel as an adult establishment. The manager, Randall, told me he viewed it as a motel with chicas, not a "casa." If I'm not the target market, I just need to look elsewhere.

Funny, I've been accused of a lot of things, but never "narrow-minded." But, beer is on me if I run into you London.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
topdeck - well, us brits can be a funny sort - The Mrs. suggested staying there!

I wasnt aware of the changes - again - since our last stay in March, but I would GUESS it will always be the same type of concept.

DBilly was the boss there, a long time ago - about 2006 ( ish ) on our first stay at FOD. He was a gracious host then and thats when we fell in love with the site - again, from staying at the AI's across the road, FOD was a really refreshing change!

Tambo - thanks for the props!

London777 - Ans your bloody e mails!