Gringos everywhere,anywhere.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
I was having a conversation with a colleague of mine at work,and we both reached the same conclusion.Gringos would go even to where the own natives or locals won't.You can't drive around the worst neighborhood and there he is,with his funny pack and camera hanging.We both believe this phenomenon occurs due to the fact,that some tigeres,either feel that the punishment will be a lot harsher if he hurts a Gringo,or most likely they probably feel pity because of their naiveness.We also felt that it's easier for a local to be robbed or attacked for the aforementioned reason.What do you guys think?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I was having a conversation with a colleague of mine at work,and we both reached the same conclusion.Gringos would go even to where the own natives or locals won't.You can't drive around the worst neighborhood and there he is,with his funny pack and camera hanging.We both believe this phenomenon occurs due to the fact,that some tigeres,either feel that the punishment will be a lot harsher if he hurts a Gringo,or most likely they probably feel pity because of their naiveness.We also felt that it's easier for a local to be robbed or attacked for the aforementioned reason.What do you guys think?

WTF are you talking about?
I think I will wear my ROLEX Submariner in Guachupita next time with my new Air Jordan's just for $hits and giggles and see what happens!

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010

I really think you should get a life.........

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I was hanging out a bit yesterday en La Casita Cultural Center in Brook Avenue on 156th in the Bronx listening to some Bomba and Plena and, sure enough, there was a gringa with her camera taking pictures.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
well....

That wouldn't look like the naive gringo I was talking about,would it?

WTF are you talking about?
I think I will wear my ROLEX Submariner in Guachupita next time with my new Air Jordan's just for $hits and giggles and see what happens!

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
The other day girl I'm friends with came to me when they were 2 white bag packers walking down the street, this street is like a market place. I don't know what I was thinking telling her that those people got balls to be in this part of the town, she looked at me and she told me.. the only reason why people didn't try me when I was walking around with my jewelry on is the same reason I'm asking her that question.

PITY THE NAIVE ONES!

And I think robbing tourist sure would make you eat for a couple of days but when the police gets them, because I've been told about 3 robbers who robbed Americans have been knocked da fck out by police. They even shot 1, not with deadly force but still..

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
excatly

My point exactly .

The other day girl I'm friends with came to me when they were 2 white bag packers walking down the street, this street is like a market place. I don't know what I was thinking telling her that those people got balls to be in this part of the town, she looked at me and she told me.. the only reason why people didn't try me when I was walking around with my jewelry on is the same reason I'm asking her that question.

PITY THE NAIVE ONES!

And I think robbing tourist sure would make you eat for a couple of days but when the police gets them, because I've been told about 3 robbers who robbed Americans have been knocked da fck out by police. They even shot 1, not with deadly force but still..

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
They even shot 1, not with deadly force but still..

So how did they shoot them if it wasn't with deadly force?
Just wondering.
Der Fish

That was me not having my English all together..

I meant to say, the shot him without the purpose to kill.

My bad.. because they shoot him in the leg.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Where the hell are you talking about? What worst neighborhood are you talking about. SD, Santiago, the Campo? And if you do see an out of place white guy or gal ya eva think they are with someone and actually know the people in the bad barrio you talk about. I have been to many places an upper class Dominican would never be seen hanging out but the BAD BARRIO people know who i am there with and do not bother me. Word spreads quick in the barrio when a gringo is around. Makes for good gossip.