Help with new dishwasher

brum

May 14, 2012
Hi all

I am new to this forum but have been nosing around for months.

I wonder if anybody can help me. I have moved into a new flat, and as part of the conditions i asked to have a dishwasher installed as i was sick of washing the pots every day. I was told that it was not a custom here as people tend to have "servicio" at home, but as i don't have that i insisted on having a dishwasher installed.

The problem i have now is that i cannot find anywhere that sells dishwasher liquid. I have tried carrefour, la sirena, plaza lama, etc but they don't even know what it is. Has anybody seen dishwasher liquid available anywhere? I would really appreciate any help. Until then i will carry on washing my pots by hand.

I managed to get some industrial dishwasher liquid but i ended up with my kitchen covered in bubbles, so i need the domestic version.

Many thanks
Brum

P.D I live in Santo Domingo

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Or hire a girl. They come cheap. Full time comes at $40 a week, or less than a dollar an hour since she works 44 hours.

She might even work on the plumbing as well as wash dishes!

terrible tambo'

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Doesn't necessarily help you... but on north coast can buy Cascade and some European brands at Playero in Sosua or Janet's in Cabarete. Liquid Cascade and the powder doesn't seem to work well with the water here. I buy the tabs below and have been happy.

GG-2753_Geschirreiniger_Tabs_60er.jpg

Aug 21, 2007
Playero now has Cascade in capsules that you just drop into the dispenser. They clean the dishes as well as in countries with good water.

If I were the OP, I would just order what you like on Amazon and have it shipped. Sometimes getting exactly what you want is worth the price you have to pay.

Lindsey

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
La Nacional on the 27 de Febrero/Lincoln has powder detergent..I was suprised to see it at all cuz I never met anyone who had a dishwasher. I think I'm jealous! :classic:

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Probably have to get it shippedfrom Jolly old England.
Or hire a girl. They come cheap. Full time comes at $40 a week, or less than a dollar an hour since she works 44 hours. Probably would have paid her for a year for what it cost to have the machine installed, and the cost of the hot water which makes dishwasher valid is probably more than paying a girl.
Der Fish
This is what I said to mi esoposa and I am glad we didn't got one with such a small kitchen.

brum

May 14, 2012
Thanks everyone for the help.

I managed to find it in El Nacional on Lincoln/27 de febrero.

Really appreciate the advice
Brum