Musical instruments?

95civhb

Jan 25, 2012
Hi all,

Looking to relocate to the DR in August. What is around for music stores (musical instruments)?

Trying to figure out if I should buy something before I come, just buy it there. I'd like to pick up a small guitar amp (Fender vibro champ xd is what I'm looking at).

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
You didn't say which area? But there is a good GUITAR STORE and KEYBOARDS at the Corner in FRUISA. Right across the street from the Texaco Station on the South East Corner. They have strats and gibsons, and a bunch of no names.. Its in the strip plaza.. Nice amps too, no Marshal stacks, but I saw an old tube orange...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I highly recommend you bring it with you if possible. The selection in one Guitar Center in the US will probably exceed all of the available musical instruments in the entire DR. That said, I am sure it is possible to pick up a small guitar amp here, especially if you are in Santo Domingo. Where will you be living? If you cannot bring it with you, there are various methods from door to door shippers and Miami freight forwarders such as Transexpress/Vimenca which can get it here. Which one you choose would depend upon the weight and value of the shipment.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Hi all,

Looking to relocate to the DR in August. What is around for music stores (musical instruments)?

Trying to figure out if I should buy something before I come, just buy it there. I'd like to pick up a small guitar amp (Fender vibro champ xd is what I'm looking at).

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Bring a guitar and amp with you. Anything purchased here will be more expensive and harder to find. If aduanas asks. . .smile and say "tengo un concierto en cabarete". . . .worked for me every time.

95civhb

Jan 25, 2012
Sorry, coming in from Canada. After seeing some possibilities on baggage and cost with the carrier I'm looking at (Westjet), I'll probably purchase and bring it. I have a large amp, but it'd be overkill for my needs in the DR.

If worse comes to worse, I can probably go to Santo Domingo and pick something up.

Thanks!