quad rental

XFACTOR

Mar 29, 2012
Hello, My name is Dave ,and I will be visiting Las Terrenas for the first time on June 8th.

My girlfriend moved there in January and I am going to visit her for ten days.

I am staying at a hotel called Corte Del Mar, which from what i am reading is close to the entrance of Las Terrenas. Any opinions of this hotel will be appreciated.
She tells me that i will need to rent a quad to get around, but,from what i am reading in reviews of hotels is that you really dont need to rent anything because i will be close to everything.
Also, from what i am reading , the quad rental price seems to be $ 55. Is this negotiable, or can you shop around for a better price. Her brother also lives there, so would it be cheaper for him to rent for me.
I am arriving at sdq at 2:15 AM,, and the hotel has arranged to pick me up and bring me to the hotel for $180us,,,,,,,the only other prices i have seen for this( mostly shuttle services was $200),,,, so i dont know if this is a great price,,,,,,but for door to door in the middle of the night, it is okay i guess.
My girlfriend speaks five languages, but unfortunately she only speaks limited English,, and I speak limited Spanish,,,,but we manage just fine.

Thanks for any input !!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Polyglot GF

She tells me that i will need to rent a quad to get around, but,from what i am reading in reviews of hotels is that you really dont need to rent anything because i will be close to everything.
Also, from what i am reading , the quad rental price seems to be $ 55. Is this negotiable, or can you shop around for a better price. Her brother also lives there, so would it be cheaper for him to rent for me.

Of course, you can look around for a better price.
Be careful, there were various cases of quads stolen or having costly parts removed after they were rented by foreigners. Those thefts were most likely "organized" and the renters were charged and even threatened.

Most outings can be done with 'motoconchos' and only for real excursions a quad may be needed.

bring me to the hotel for $180us,,,, it is okay i guess.
It is, yes.

My girlfriend speaks five languages, ...

That's good.
Job related?
What nationality is she?

donP

XFACTOR

Mar 29, 2012
Of course, you can look around for a better price.
Be careful, there were various cases of quads stolen or having costly parts removed after they were rented by foreigners. Those thefts were most likely "organized" and the renters were charged and even threatened.

Most outings can be done with 'motoconchos' and only for real excursions a quad may be needed.

It is, yes.

That's good.
Job related?
What nationality is she?

donP

Thanks for the input Don ,,,,

I will be sure to keep an eye on the quad if i rent one.

I may take one to see the El limon waterfall

My girl is Haitian, and speaks creole,spanish , french, Italian,and German.,,,,,but she needs to work on her english, as much as i need to work on my spanish.
:)