FREE Texting to the DR and Other Countries from Computer or Ipad

Feb 7, 2007
Unfortunately, DR is not included.

International texting : Pinger help

Our currently supported countries are: American Samoa, Australia, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Germany, Guam, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Jamaica, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Northern Mariana Islands, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Sri Lanka, United States and Venezuela.

Note: International texting is currently only available on iOS and Android apps. We'll keep you posted on updates to Textfree Web!

sarah1101

Apr 27, 2012
United States
I have an android (att captivate) & an I phone 4s, my Mother-in law in DR has the same android as me.... would she have to download this app to get the texts? I am looking at their website and I dont really get it! LOL I would love to be able to send her picture message.

Thanks for sharing.

sarah1101

Apr 27, 2012
United States
awwe, but Germany is and my sister in law is there so its good for me for something! ;)
thanks,

Our currently supported countries are: American Samoa, Australia, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Germany, Guam, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Jamaica, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Northern Mariana Islands, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Sri Lanka, United States and Venezuela.

Note: International texting is currently only available on iOS and Android apps. We'll keep you posted on updates to Textfree Web!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

I am using it to text to the DR as we speak. IT WORKS TRUSt ME.

Leave me a number and I will text you with it. You can PM me.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
"Besides the US, you can send text messages to over 25 countries (listed below). We support most carriers in these countries and many others throughout the world. There are a lot of countries that we haven't tested yet, so give 'em a try, even if they aren't on this list. If you've tried to text a country that's not on our list, and it doesn't work, then it looks like texting to their country is too expensive for us to offer you free texting there. Pricing can change, so stay tuned for updates!"

Mark835

Nov 28, 2005
I use an App called Viber, have used it all over the place including the DR last Feb. Brilliant and free.

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012
I have an android (att captivate) & an I phone 4s, my Mother-in law in DR has the same android as me.... would she have to download this app to get the texts? I am looking at their website and I dont really get it! LOL I would love to be able to send her picture message.

Thanks for sharing.

Sarah, Ipad apps are not compatible with android, unless the company has an app made for the android.

You can also text from any messenger (yahoo, msn,) to a cell phone, I used it locally, but not sure if it works for international texts. Its worth a try.

Also, I tried once sending an email from my phone to the DR, it works but he couldn't instantly reply back to my phone like it works locally. It's probably his provider.

But if your mother in law has the same phone, couldn't you just text her the pictures, or it cost to text a picture?

Jan 9, 2004
I am using it to text to the DR as we speak. IT WORKS TRUSt ME.

Leave me a number and I will text you with it. You can PM me.

Sky:

I can also confirm that it works to the DR using the Iphone4s.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I just signed up and used Pinger under Windows and it works sending a message to a DR cell phone!

edluv1

May 25, 2010
Does orange or claro charge for incoming international text? It says this on the pinger website.

It's free for you (the Textfree user). However, standard messaging rates apply for the people you are texting. Because Textfree gives you a US phone number, your friends abroad will incur international fees!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Does orange or claro charge for incoming international text? It says this on the pinger website.

It's free for you (the Textfree user). However, standard messaging rates apply for the people you are texting. Because Textfree gives you a US phone number, your friends abroad will incur international fees!

It is against DR law to charge for incoming calls or texts. Only in America......................

edluv1

May 25, 2010
That's good to know. I guess I can drop my unlimited international texting plan with Sprint. Saves me $10 per month. Thanks SKY

Ducadista

Nov 7, 2011
Valeu Cara!
To OP, you forgot to mention that whoever your calling needs to have downloaded Pinger as well, and they have to be in your contacts. "Whatsapp", is working fine for me, free sms, video, pic and voice messages to whoever HAS this app around the world.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
To OP, you forgot to mention that whoever your calling needs to have downloaded Pinger as well, and they have to be in your contacts. "Whatsapp", is working fine for me, free sms, video, pic and voice messages to whoever HAS this app around the world.

NOT TRUE. You can text anyone with a cell phone. They do not need Pinger. PM me a cell number and I will show you.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
NOT TRUE. You can text anyone with a cell phone. They do not need Pinger. PM me a cell number and I will show you.

I will try it and will let you if work for me.

JJ