The Material Values of Dominicans...

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
Noticed that even a Dominican on a low income will always have a good phone, usually blackberry.
A Dominican will always buy the most expensive car that finace will allow.
and will always spend lots on good food and expensive drinks (eg Johny Walker Black Label)
With a good house/apartment well down the list in terms of a want.
si, no, what do u guys think???

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife owns a successful business, has several rental properties, other property, and a good income each month. She owns neither a cell phone or car, doesn't drink alcohol, and rarely eats in restaurants. This is true of most of her family of her generation. Now the younger generation want all the toys, but most save up until they have the money to buy the product outright - no debt, no credit cards.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
why are we at it again? kids want toys, adults do not care.
i have been resisting BB because the phone costs money and then the plan costs money and then i would never be able to escape constant bother. but a girl at the till in my local super has a blackberry she holds with one hand as she passes my dr pepper down the line. maybe she likes to be pestered by her 1629 friends from facebook.

DBCooper

Aug 25, 2011
Noticed that even a Dominican on a low income will always have a good phone, usually blackberry.
and will always spend lots on good food and expensive drinks (eg Johny Walker Black Label)

I posted something like this earlier, got some decent feedback but also had to read a ration of crap. The ones that I've met never seem to plan any farther than today.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002

I wish they would have the same desire to pay for a very simple thing called: ELECTRICITY!!!
But having power all the time is maybe not as fancy as the newest model generator?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I posted something like this earlier, got some decent feedback but also had to read a ration of crap. The ones that I've met never seem to plan any farther than today.

Then you need to expand your social circle because many Dominicans are practical people who are great savers.