Las Terrenas Info

sanluisdavid

May 18, 2012
After reading quite a bit on this forum, it looks like Las Terrenas could be a good starting point for me to look at when considering a place to spend a few months each year for "semi-retirement". I have a young family and we want to do beach things, but also like the fact that there seems to be a lot more nature oriented activities in Samana area in general. And we also would like to make a getaway to SD for some weekend trips, and it looks like that is definitely possible also without breaking the bank.

What are the best options for realtors in LT/Samana? I am not looking for the luxury villas or the bottom of the barrel places. More like something I could invest in for $75-100K USD. I would prefer to be in an area where we could walk to the town and beach.

Thanks.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
What ever you do DO NOT BUY. Please come, by all means, but rent a place, its the best advice any one could offer you. A short term lease would be to your advantage.

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
$75- 100K USD doesn't buy much in a villa anywhere that you would probably want to live.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Professional Link

What are the best options for realtors in LT/Samana?

I am certain that Las Terrenas has the highest number of RE agents per capita in the whole country.
And laywers also... which might be linked somehow... :rolleyes:

donP

sanluisdavid

May 18, 2012
$75- 100K USD doesn't buy much in a villa anywhere that you would probably want to live.

Not looking for a villa. Would like to be in maybe a 2BR/2BA condo, with pool within walking distance to town and beach.

I am not crazy enough to buy quickly but am just looking for places which have prices and amenities that are I could deal with before even traveling there. I don't want to waste even 6 months in a place that is out of my price range or that does not have the things I am looking for. Especially in this economy, I want to do as much DD as possible first before picking places to travel to. For instance if a place is super cool, nicest beaches and town, but entry level condos are the price of Playa del Carmen, I don't even want to waste my time.

sanluisdavid

May 18, 2012
DonP: Any agencies you would recommend that are dealing in the price range I am looking at? I see many agencies who have only super high priced places that are of no use to me.