Big presence of Dominican Republic in Preakness today (NOW!)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Joel Rosario is on a horse (and brother Marino a police officer in Santo Domingo, was killed this morning!!)

And one of the horses is named Teeth of the Dog.....a tribute to the golf course in La Romana...

Interesting.

Mile 3/16

NBC...

NOW..6:13 p.m.

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I'll have another won the PReakness!!! Very good time. Caught the favorite in the last 100 yards..

Sloppy track...Bob Baffert's horse was second at the Kentucky Derby also...2/2...wonder if they have a triple silver medal..

HB

May 5, 2007
Let the Triple Crown hype begin, and why not,,looks as though I'll have another is legitimate, beat Bode fair and square

I'll have another sure isn't any Secretariat but bet he is odds on favorite to win the Belmont and 3 Crown

May 5, 2007
I'll have another won the PReakness!!! Very good time. Caught the favorite in the last 100 yards..

Sloppy track...Bob Baffert's horse was second at the Kentucky Derby also...2/2...wonder if they have a triple silver medal..

HB

I honestly don't want to sound nit picky, but for my comparison I need to rectify something: the track at Pimlico was actually very firm and fast

I'll have Another's time of almost 1 56 would have meant Secretariat would have beaten him by approximately 14 lengths (1:53 2/5) going away! An amazing horse, but Secretariat is no longer with us and I'll Have Another should be a heavy favorite to win the Triple Crown as he is a late charger and the longer Belmont should be to his liking.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I just "heard" --I was doing something else--that the track was "a lot slower" than Churchill Downs....and after the race they commented that it "was a really good time" so I am sorry if it was not accurate...I see maybe three for four races a year and know silch...

I did visit Citation in Kentucky a loooooog time ago...is all..

And I was at the Hambiltonian (?) when it was in Goshen, NY...

HB

May 5, 2007
I just "heard" --I was doing something else--that the track was "a lot slower" than Churchill Downs....and after the race they commented that it "was a really good time" so I am sorry if it was not accurate...I see maybe three for four races a year and know silch...

I did visit Citation in Kentucky a loooooog time ago...is all..

And I was at the Hambiltonian (?) when it was in Goshen, NY...

HB

No bother, didn't mean to sound know it all, just a Secretariat fan and was trying to justify the comparison.

It's great, the excitement that should build with a very legitimate Triple crown possibility for first time in what, 35+ years?

Citation was a little before my time, without a doubt one of the great horses of racing history

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I agree with you IslandDreaming-there will likely never be another Secretariat. Still, with the potential for a Triple Crown win, Ill Have Another could quickly become a household name. I had to look it up but the last Triple Crown winner was in 1978. I like Seattle Slew but I knew there was a TC winner after him...so it will definitely be exciting.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Affirmed won the last triple crown. As far as I know all the triple crown winners have passed to that big pasture in the sky. It is great that racing has the chance to enjoy so much fanfare about a possible triple crown champion this year.