danilo wins the election

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
I expect blackouts in my neighborhood to resume, and gas hikes on Friday..fun, fun, fun

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
What do U think? What to expect?

same old, same old....

but i would love an unexpected turn of events such as danilo cutting off hubieres' head to display it on the fence of palacio nacional, renaming SD ciudad de danilo and getting on with a job of a local dictator...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The same macroeconomic policies, more social spending, greater migration control (thank God!), more collaboration in getting Haiti out of its hole, and more infrastructural expansion. The government institutions will continue to solidify, the penitentiary system will be fully modernized, the UASD will continue to see an improvement in its main campus infrastructure and outreach in the provinces.

The national development plan for 2030 will continue and this is the most important part. Its not clear if the DR will become a prosperous country with high standards of living by 2030, as the plan insinuates, but it will be closer to that at least by four more years.

In a nutshell, the same as has been happening under Leonel but with more social spending.

I think that's the correct route.

And the Peso will remain much more stable than it would had been under Hip?lito.

And lastly, the real politicking by the opposition will take care in shedding popularity points from Danilo, as always happens regardless who's in power.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Danilo will start a criminal investigation into the corruption of the Fernandez Administration. Tax monies will be used on upgrading the infrastructure and transportation systems of Santiago. Electricity will be 24/7.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Stability, availability of goods. For those that forget under Hippo, there were times of no cooking gas, low cooking oil supply, ....etc.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Absolutely zero will change because Danilo is under the control of Leonel through his wife. If Danilo does not follow the orders of Fernandez I would not be surprised if Danilo turns up dead in some manner a few months after the inaugural.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
For those that think this is impossible the last government murder in this country occurred less than 20 years ago (Narciso Gonzalez) under Balaguer who President Fernandez admired.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i will finally manage to achieve a completely flat stomach. miesposo will get me a tomcat i will never use because danilo will have all roads fixed. santiago will get a metro and jay-z will build a rap resort in puerto plata. gas prices will go down and salaries will match those in norway. dominican passort will be a commodity worth its weight in gold. there will be no hunger and all weapons will be melted into cooking pots.

and did i mention the world peace? that.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
For those that think this is impossible the last government murder in this country occurred less than 20 years ago (Narciso Gonzalez) under Balaguer who President Fernandez admired.

No offense buddy but this guy wasn't president.

It is very unlikely that Danilo will stray from the party line but they may still allow for some sacrificial lambs to be prosecuted like Felix Bautista and the mayor of Cabarete.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
No offense buddy but this guy wasn't president.

It is very unlikely that Danilo will stray from the party line but they may still allow for some sacrificial lambs to be prosecuted like Felix Bautista and the mayor of Cabarete.

65ddmr.jpg

Published in Listin Diario online 21 May 2012 this morning to announce the win by Danilo Medina.
From left to right: Felix Bautista, an unidentified person with cell phone, First Lady Margarita Cedeno, Danilo Medina, Candy Medina, Senator Pared Perez, architect Eduardo Selman.

Last edited:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
65ddmr.jpg

Published in Listin Diario online 21 May 2012 this morning to announce the win by Danilo Medina.
From left to right: Felix Bautista, an unidentified person with cell phone, First Lady Margarita Cedeno, Danilo Medina, Candy Medina, Senator Pared Perez, architect Eduardo Selman.

I believe Felix is the guy to the left of the guy talking on the cellphone.

Amazing that Danilo and Felix both said they didn't have anything to do with the other.

Now we know how Danilo funded his campaign. I am now rethinking that Felix will be brought up on charges.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Absolutely zero will change because Danilo is under the control of Leonel through his wife. If Danilo does not follow the orders of Fernandez I would not be surprised if Danilo turns up dead in some manner a few months after the inaugural.

Danilo is not that much different than Leonel. They are old cronies from UASD.