Where is Mountain Annie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Has anybody made contact with Mountain Annie AKA Elizabeth Roebling in the past week?
She spends most of her time in Gazcue, Santo Domingo, as well as Las Terrenas.

MA....If you are out there please check in.

tambo'

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
T T.... to the rescue..

Good, I thought "they" could see thye posts.

This is better exposure.

My guess is that she's being cared for by her Haitian group, whom she sees daily.
Surely if she's MIA, they would know before anyone else.

Good idea, Ian - to post it this way

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
I must admit - I am a little concerned as well. I sent her a PM on the 17th - I dont know if there is anyway the MODS on here can tell if its been read? Either way - she hasnt replied as yet?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There is a way... I rec'd a PM which asked for an acknowledgement that I had rec'd it.
Like certified mail....

Read the off-topic thread...... many are concerned and have been for days.

Still, no response... no report of a visit or sighting.

If it smells like fish............

Aug 21, 2007
How can someone who has lived here and been so visible for so long disappear without a trace? Her last FaceBook post was May 4. Has anyone contacted the US Embassy for help finding her? Who are her friends?

Lindsey

Aug 21, 2007
I considered myself one of her friends. Sorrily, I have never met her in person, but wrote back and forth with her over the years. Has no one every actually met and socialized with her?

Lindsey

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I called her again. The phone goes immediately to voice mail...it's hers, she has the same recording as in the past.

She didn't return the last message, however...

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Thanks Tambo for the post.

I also recall her mentioning that she is personal friends with Jose B. from the Fundacion Mahatma Gandhi in Las Terrenas. Thought perhaps a LT person might stop in at the Biblioteca Anacaona and ask that they pass a message along to her asking her to post or contact someone, if possible. Also thought perhaps a shoe shine boy hanging around might know a bit about her and might be able to provide some relevant contact info (like where her cleaning lady lives or a person to contact in the Haitian community). Just a thought as certainly she's touched the lives of some of them, and they collectively have a network that can find things out.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
She was last online on May 15

<dl class="stats" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; height: 16px; font-size: 12px; width: 215px; clear: both; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: transparent; background-image: none; line-height: 10px; "><dt style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold; background-color: transparent; background-image: none; width: 85px; float: left; clear: right; ">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 8px; padding: 0px; float: left; clear: right; width: 121px; ">12-11-2003</dd></dl><dl class="stats" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; height: 32px; font-size: 12px; width: 215px; clear: both; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: transparent; background-image: none; line-height: 10px; "><dt style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold; background-color: transparent; background-image: none; width: 85px; float: left; clear: right; ">Last Activity</dt><dd style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 8px; padding: 0px; float: left; clear: right; width: 121px; ">05-15-2012 04:30 PM</dd></dl>

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Perhaps she is in Haiti in an area with no internet or cell service??

That's a good possibility.

I've noticed that she goes stretches without posting here as she is very involved with causes. They seem to be weighing her down lately. What sent up the red flag for me is that her second to last post admitted to her having been a victim of a scam involving her apartment in Las Terrenas. Then her last post was in very rough draft form, prompting at least one poster to observe that it may not even have been her.

I expect she'll be on soon enough getting a kick out of our worries. In the meantime, let's keep worrying?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
True, that has to be taken into account. I've also tried phoning her home and cell phones without success. She may be out of the country, in Las Terrenas, or just lying low.
FWIW I sent a PM to a poster who knows her and lives in the capital to suggest he try visiting her apartment, but as calls to the landline get no reply, it seems she is not there right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.