New person alert! :)

mainegal

May 22, 2012
I am new as a poster on here but have been reading the forums for a couple years now.
I spent 2 years in DR from 97-99, first in La Victoria and then Juan Dolio. I currently live in Maine where I've been all of my life so far with the exception of those 2 years.

I always enjoy reading the threads and am looking forward to being able to participate occasionally.

Peace! :classic:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I am new as a poster on here but have been reading the forums for a couple years now.
I spent 2 years in DR from 97-99, first in La Victoria and then Juan Dolio. I currently live in Maine where I've been all of my life so far with the exception of those 2 years.

I always enjoy reading the threads and am looking forward to being able to participate occasionally.

Peace! :classic:

Welcome...I wouldn't want to mess with you if you did two years there...:cheeky:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Welcome. We have another long-time member, Mainegirl, who also is a native of Maine. Haven't seen her posts recently, but she has been on the board a long time.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I am from Maine and I lived in Juan Dolio the same time period that you did. I met a couple from the same home town as me in Maine living in Juan Dolio too. It looks like there were a lot of Maine-i-acs invading JD at the same time. It is a small world!

mainegal

May 22, 2012
I am sorry, I said I had spent time in Juan Dolio by mistake, it was actually Guyacannes, my apologies. :ermm:

mainegal

May 22, 2012
Where in Maine are you from dulce? I have been in Bar Harbor for the past 12 years, love it here!

mainegal

May 22, 2012
Wasn't there a Mainegirl here a while back?
If you aren't the same person, Welcome, and if you are Welcome Back!
Der Fish
Ken told me that there is indeed a mainegirl on here but that she hasn't posted in quite some time.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I could use a Maine lobster right about now!!! lol

BTW, the Red Sox suck!!!!! hahahahaha

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I could use a Maine lobster right about now!!! lol

BTW, the Red Sox suck!!!!! hahahahaha

Nice try BB.......

Are my eyes deceiving me??

American League East

Baltimore 27 16

Tampa Bay 25 18

Toronto 24 19

NY Yankees 21 21

Boston 21 21

Almost forgot....Welcome mainegal

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Where in Maine are you from dulce? I have been in Bar Harbor for the past 12 years, love it here!

I am from central Maine in the woods. I live in Massachusetts now.
I spent many a day in Guyacannes. I like the beach there better than JD. My best friend lived in Guyacannes on the beach.
I could go for a lobstah right now too.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
RE: Mainegirl...she is gainfully employed at the Botanical Gardens...loves it.
She was in Dixfield for many years and she lived here for a couple of years on and off.

She also lived in Venezuela...Currently she does not have a computer in her house.

Bar Harbor: Arquitect Martha Fernandez waited on tables for at least three summers on her way to her degree. Told me last night that she loved it...I am sure the Mainers loved her...a real star..

Also my first cousin lives up there since forever, but not a Mainer but rather a West Virginia hillbilly, like me!!

My grandsons go to camp up there on the coast, not far from where Mainegirl is...sorry I do not know the official name of those gardens.

So yes, you are welcome here Mainegal....very much welcome

HB

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
welcome Mainegal

I'm alive and well. I live on the midcoast of Maine now and work at Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in the education department. I was in Punta Cana for about three months and hit rock bottom after the unexpected death of a student (back in Maine). Came back to Maine and worked on grieving and recovery within my small community. It's been a very hard year in my local community and we are all just sort of holding on to each other and praying the graduating class makes it out alive and well.

Mainers love warm climates and I met many a Mainer while traveling there.

Note: I've been on the site for ten years and no longer qualify as a "girl".....

You want to see what life is like where I live click below...

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!