AA new widebody plane starting in december 2012

edm7583

May 29, 2007
No way. These are only going to be used for high yield routes. (With a high level of business class passengers, VIP's, and full fare paying coach class passengers.) DFW-Sao Paulo, DFW to London Heathrow, and later, New York JFK to Sao Paulo Brazil. are the scheduled routes for these premium birds. Where the money is.

Routes between North America and the Caribbean are notorious for being very low yielding routes, despite being full. (less higher fare paying traveler, less business class passengers, most passengers flexible with their plans and won't fly unless they get a deep discount fare-whether they are tourists visiting for leisure travel or immigrants going back to their country to visit friends and family) This is why only lower cost carriers (JetBlue, Spirit,) can have good size operations in the Caribbean and actually make a profit on those routes.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
That will never happen....the older aircraft are always used for the DR

I thought the same thing, but our last two AA flights had the lay flat bed seats, ohhhhhhh so comfortable. The one one the way down must have been originally used on Asian flights, Chinese writing in several places.

G

gotgames

last trip to DR , AA ask us to pedal

I thought the same thing, but our last two AA flights had the lay flat bed seats, ohhhhhhh so comfortable. The one one the way down must have been originally used on Asian flights, Chinese writing in several places.
how many hours did you spend in the lounge ?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I am ticketed on AA for June 20th flight 778 @ 4:20 to Miami and it shows the aircraft is a 777

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
how many hours did you spend in the lounge ?

Lounge???

Flights in both directions were on time, actually landed an hour early coming home to JFK. Seats were very comfortable, we flew down coach, flew back Business, seats the same in both classes.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
I am ticketed on AA for June 20th flight 778 @ 4:20 to Miami and it shows the aircraft is a 777

That is a 777-200. AA has had them for a while. That is an upgrade though (likely a seasonal capacity increase) from the 767-300 that usually does the 1 widebody flight MIA-SDQ

G

gotgames

Lounge???

Flights in both directions were on time, actually landed an hour early coming home to JFK. Seats were very comfortable, we flew down coach, flew back Business, seats the same in both classes.
thought you had been in the lounge drinking !
AA MUST HAVE THE WORST SERVICE AND EQUIPMENT out of all the American Carriers.
Their customer service policy is hurry up and pay, after that hope you get home or wherever you are going.

G

gotgames

glad you had a good trip with AA.
last eight flights with them have been bad.

G

gotgames

next flight 5/3o boeing 737-757 4 hours flight from georgia usa plus 2-3 hour lay over.
this is why the north coast is becoming a gost town.
in 6 hours you can get anywhere in the islands for the same or less cost .
AA neeeds to consider this and work with the hotels to revive this area.
then maybe cost will become real and service will go up.
No reason this area can't be just as busy as puj or more so.
EXCEPT you have to travel With AA and go connection flights VS DIRECT DELTA FLIGHTS with a company that wants your business.
DIRECT FLIGHTS A FEW GOOD DEALS ON ROOMS THE NORTH COAST WOULD BE BANKING $$$$$$$

Oct 11, 2010

Did you fly into Santiago or Santo Domingo?

Jan 17, 2009
just in case anyone is looking for a ticket, note that American has to/from POP business class tickets some days dor only $35 more each way, which is a very good deal considering that you also get a free meal and three pieces of checked luggage. I just bought a one-way for end of June.

Jan 17, 2009
just in case anyone is looking for a ticket, note that American has to/from POP (didnt check other airports) business class tickets some days dor only $35 more each way, which is a very good deal considering that you also get a free meal and three pieces of checked luggage. I just bought a one-way for end of June.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Did you fly into Santiago or Santo Domingo?

We flew into Santo Domingo from JFK. Philly is closer, but no direct flights.

Maybe we've just been lucky, but I can't fault AA with anything for years, we've never flown any other airline in decades. In the old days we flew Dominicana :p

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
That is what I have been finding on flights on AA to and from here in DR. The price for Business class is maybe $30.00 or more. Not sure what to make of it. Kind of strange since AA is having financial issues.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i've been an AA guy all my life and never had a complaint. and with frequent flyer miles i've taken a few trips to the DR for 30 bucks round trip. i like AA !!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
i've been an AA guy all my life and never had a complaint. and with frequent flyer miles i've taken a few trips to the DR for 30 bucks round trip. i like AA !!

You are either a shareholder who is not telling the truth or very very lucky. Since you have 3800 posts and are a respected member here, I will assume you are very lucky. Please give me the lottery numbers for this Saturday! My experience with AA is different than yours.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I hate wide body jets. actually I just hate sitting in that middle section. If I'm on the end, I guess they're OK, except for boarding and getting off the aircraft.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
That is what I have been finding on flights on AA to and from here in DR. The price for Business class is maybe $30.00 or more. Not sure what to make of it. Kind of strange since AA is having financial issues.

This is just a guess on my part, but I suspect on the DR runs, most of the passengers are counting every penny they spend, and few pay the business class upgrade. What happens is they end up putting coach paying people in those seats - I know because it's happened to me several times. So, you offer the $30 upgrade, and someone like me will pay it to be insured a more comfy seat with more room, close to the front. That way they made $30 they wouldn't have had otherwise.

Spirit does the same thing on their planes, offering the front/wider/more comfy seats at a small premium.