Peoples elected reprasentive for a particular area?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
In the UK if you are suffering from a failing in a governmental department you have the right to appeal to your Member of Parliament, i presume that in the US you have that same right with your Representative but what about the DR? A cousin of my wife has made 12 visits to her local Public Hospital to see a Surgeon about problems her little son has but he/she is never there and the hospital administration say they cannot help her. They live in the town of Consuelo near San Pedro de Macoris. Who can she appeal to or how can she find out to whom she can appeal? I hope somebody knows because the little boy only sleeps part of the night the rest he cries with the pain.

May 12, 2005
Well she can certainly try and reach out to her Diputado or Senador but that might just be a waste of time. Perhaps an NGO or organization like Doctors Without Borders can help in this case.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
She could try the sindico of Consuelo who is Johnny Fulgencio (PLD) or the Senator who is Jose Maria Sosa who is also married to the Minister for Women, Alejandrina German. I wouldn't hold out much hope though. There is an active Rotary group in Consuelo as well so she could also try them.

Good luck

Matilda