2Parts! Frugal location to rent 4 a week near punta Cana airport plus passport inf !

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
I am returning to dr through PuntaCana airport and looking to stay for a week or two there and then head to SD to Renewresidency .Never been to punta Cana so rather then hitting the road Immediately I thought about checking it out a little . are than any accommodations or not that are a little friendlier price wise for non tourists? ............ALSO I am looking to obtain a Dominican passport,and will be seeking Dominican citizenship,and obtaining a second passport .Has anyone in the this forum done this and used a lawyer to assist in the paperwork to accomplish this ?And if yes( hopefully a long standing forum member ) could you recommend a reasonable lawyer for this ,and what you believe the rough cost of this would be or refer me to the lawyer.I have permanent residency statis

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Because sd flights not easy when I return and I have never been there so wanted to ATLEAST have alook at the highest tourist location in DR.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Really frugal would be one of those boarding houses in Ver?n, some of which are not too bad. You'd have to see if they are available for short-term stays. Otherwise the East Coast Basic Information sticky thread has a list of non-AI budget hotels in the area.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/east-coast/114334-east-coast-basic-information.html
Non AI hotels
Hotel Naragua - 20 minutes from airport in Cabeza de Toro
budget hotel, basic but clean, rooms around 40$US per night
809 468 3060

Hotel Flamboyan - 30 mins from airport
Bavaro Punta Cana Hotel - Flamboyan
809 552 0372

Hotel Cayacoa - near hotel flamboyan
809 552 0622 / 809 552 0624

The Bowman Hotel - 30 mins from airport
Plaza Brisas on Ave Espana
809 552 0102
email: ebowman@bowmanhotel.com

El Castillo Real - 20 mins from airport, budget hotel (rooms from 700rd)
apartahotel castillo real

Las Piedras Guesthouse - 25 minutes from airport, near Fruisa bus station
doesn't have own website, this link gives description + map

Guesthouse Las Piedras, Punta Cana, Rep?blica Dominicana
email: guesthouselaspiedras@gmail.com / hotelpuntacana@gmail.com
809 889 2873

Cortecito Inn - 35 mins from airport
across the road from the beach in Cortecito
budget hotel
email: info@cortecitoinnhotel.com
809 552 0639

Hotel Natural Village - 30 minutes from airport in Bavaro (see map on their website)
very nice little hotel, clean, modern but simple, pool, Italian run restaurant on site.
Natural Village Club - Hotel Bavaro Punta Cana
double rooms around 80$US per night
Email: reserva@naturalvillagehotel.com
tel: 809 552 1164

Golf Suites Hotel - 30 mins from airport in Bavaro
http://www.thegolfsuites.com/
not 100% sure if they rent for one night only.
Phone: +1 809 552 8888
E-mail: info@thegolfsuites.com

I'll add the newly opened NH Hotel Punta Cana, a non-AI hotel on the main road between Palma Real and Cortecito.
Avenida Alemania S/N El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
Tel. 809 285 6500 Fax: 809 285 6500 "Rooms from US$69.90 a night + tax"
The new four-star NH Punta Cana hotel offers comfortable and contemporary accommodations in the popular B?varo district of one of the Dominican Republic's most famous tourist destinations, right by the beach. We are located just 20 kilometers from Punta Cana International Airport, with easy access to numerous commercial and retail outlets. NH Punta Cana is uniquely situated within a shopping complex complete with movie theaters, banks, and restaurants.
NH Punta Cana boasts 66 stylish guest rooms that are comfortably appointed with top-notch amenities for your business or leisure visit, from king-size beds to Sky satellite TV and complimentary WiFi access. Enjoy the convenience of a daily buffet breakfast, plus local Dominican and international dishes for lunch or dinner, in the welcoming atmosphere of the NH Apetit Restaurant. Guests can take advantage of 24-hour room service and an on-site gym, plus free on-site parking and complimentary broadband Internet access throughout the hotel.
I'm told they have a great breakfast buffet for US$5 for non-residents.
Hotel NH Punta Cana, Hotel in Punta Cana - 25% off, NH Hotels Official Site

And as of October, the 4-Points Punta Cana Village will be open.