Edenorte and the elections?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I'm on a 24hr circuit in Cabarete. In the last couple of years I've seen their service gradually improve up to the point where we were getting just one or two short blackouts a week.

Since the election, it's been really bad.

Could this be connected in any way?

Just thinking out loud!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is typical for power service to degrade after an election on other classes of circuits other than an A circuits since they provide more power than normal on them to attract votes. If Hipo won I would have expected there to be no 24/7 service left from the EDE's but with the PLD still in power that should not have changed. Do you have any power at all today? Last night something blew up and Edenorte is "working on it" almost 12 hours later.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
In my part of Santo Domingo, I cannot remember the last time we had a blackout. Things have definitely improved over the past 2 years.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I am on a D circuit with usually 12 hours per day with no power. The couple of weeks before the elections we had only 6 hours a day with no power and the website said that would continue the week after the elections. Monday after the elections they changed the website! Back to 9 hours a day no power and no doubt next week will be back to 12.

Matilda