Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Interested in buying property in dr

I have never bought only rented property but the question is, i want to buy an apartment in dr but i want to get a morgage, how does that work in dr.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by st3v3 View Post
    I have never bought only rented property but the question is, i want to buy an apartment in dr but i want to get a morgage, how does that work in dr.
    Find Realtor-find property-meet bank to discuss loan-convey with lawyer-cut cheque-move in-make payments-Wish you knew who your neighbours were before buying!!!! Oh Forgot to mention-each one of these steps will be illogical, confusing and maybe outright theft will occur!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Im Dominican and my husband is AmericAn, we took out a loan and he did not need a Cedula. They checked our credits with Transunion, and after a looooong month of papers back and forth, we had our loan. The real estate company we usednhelpednus with the loan. I like Banco Popular but we took the loan with Scotia Banks.

we needed the passports, credit reports, bank statements from our business in the states, assets.

I can recommend Mr. Jean Pierre from Scotia Bank from La Romana, who was very helpful with us.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Im Dominican and my husband is AmericAn, we took out a loan and he did not need a Cedula. They checked our credits with Transunion, and after a looooong month of papers back and forth, we had our loan. The real estate company we usednhelpednus with the loan. I like Banco Popular but we took the loan with Scotia Banks.

we needed the passports, credit reports, bank statements from our business in the states, assets.

I can recommend Mr. Jean Pierre from Scotia Bank from La Romana, who was very helpful with us.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maribeldiaz70 View Post

All about right on, but don't forget the 30-40% down payment required by most banks to give a mortgage

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Loans are at a much higher interest also. I bought my condo in Sosua outright so I have some experence that can help. Find a good realestate agent, and yes there some good ones out there. ( I am not involded with realestate) . Try using an agent and take your time finding someone who own a property that needs to sell who will hold tbe mortgage. Those properties are out there I kbow of one in my complex. I wish you all the best.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You can also look for a property to buy by yourself without agencies or brokers who are taking %. Discuss with the owner the amount you want to put down (Deal hard the matter with time and a good meal). Discuss the amount you want to get as a loan from him and time to be repaid. When everything is done go to your lawyer and get everything down on papers. That s all you need.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thats a good idea, thanx