Spare parts for Bmw X5...

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
How difficult or expensive are spare parts for a BMW X5 compared to other "Jeepetas" like e.g. Mitsubishi, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai etc.?

Last edited by a moderator:

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
How difficult or expensive are spare parts for a BMW X5 compared to other "Jeepetas" like e.g. Mitsubishi, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai etc.?

I have an X5 which I will be getting rid of because the parts are very expensive and the fuel economy just doesnt make sense here. Forget the fact that the door mirriors get stolen all the time- and you feel like you have a "rob me" bumper sticker.
If your loaded and have very safe parking and a fulltime security guy, its a great vehicle for a gringo.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The best solution I heard agains theft of mirrors is break them in two pieces and glue them together. Not interesting anymore for resale

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The best solution I heard agains theft of mirrors is break them in two pieces and glue them together. Not interesting anymore for resale
I suspect most people would purchase another vehicle rather than resort to that. Interesting point, however.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
X5's are rubbish! A friend of mine had one and it was no end of problems. Even broke a wishbone on a pot hole. Now if you're after a German automobile, you need a Porsche Cayenne!

It just so happens I'm selling mine!!!!!!!!

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
When I asked a friend of mine about a BMW X5 he said: "Only wealthy people buy new BMW's and only the super rich buy a used one!" Service and parts are expensive. But so far the X5 I have is no more expensive than any other vehicle and it drives like a...well, BMW!

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
When I asked a friend of mine about a BMW X5 he said: "Only wealthy people buy new BMW's and only the super rich buy a used one!" Service and parts are expensive. But so far the X5 I have is no more expensive than any other vehicle and it drives like a...well, BMW!

How are your mirrors?