Internet/Cell ?

mhmh

May 26, 2012
Moving to Punta Cana. Any suggestions as to best high speed internet service for the area? Work online for a USA based company and need best service available. Also, any recommendations for cell phone company to be able call/text to and from USA while living in DR.

Thanks.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Claro is the best of a poor lot for both your needs. You can choose from different DL speeds.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If reliability is a must, you should look into getting two different companies, so you have a back up service.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If reliability is a must, you should look into getting two different companies, so you have a back up service.

For a back up I bought the Orange USB pay in advance stick. I leave money on it and if a problem arises with Claro I just plug it in and I am good to go until Claro is fixed. Also get a tech guy from Claro that you can call for service instead of calling the service dept. of Claro. Of course you need to pay him when he comes. Well worth it to make friends with one.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I'm getting a new dual-SIM phone, one for Orange and one for Claro...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I live in the area. Working online for US Company too. I use Claro and Orange. I have Tricom for a back up. Previously I used Tricom only, but comparing the three services I must say that the Tricom one is the one with the most "issues". Advantage is, Wilson, the Administrator is easy to reach by phone and issues are usually fixed same day.
Tricom has a hick-up maybe twice a month for me on average. Claro since I use it showed a stable service w/out interruptions (3 month now...)
Orange only "failed" when I was late paying my bill, lol...
Don't know for other parts, but all 3 services are working well here in Bavaro...