Favorito - - formally City Market, is open

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
Unfortunately even though they are open, the shelves are empty. This must be a soft, very soft opening. The coffee shop isn?t open and they don?t even have bread or rolls. This is not the way to start a business.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
Some improvement today, Thursday. They installed a sign on the front of the building and now have bread, coffee and very cold beer but a majority of the shelves are totally empty. I did see several bottles of vodka.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Unfortunately even though they are open, the shelves are empty. This must be a soft, very soft opening. The coffee shop isn?t open and they don?t even have bread or rolls. This is not the way to start a business.

Sounds more and more like a money laundering scheme rather than a serious business.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Was there a couple of days ago. Looks similar to what City Market looked liked and similar pricing. If that business model did not work before, will it work now?

NY2DR

Nov 21, 2009
Was there a couple of days ago. Looks similar to what City Market looked liked and similar pricing. If that business model did not work before, will it work now?

I thought the same thing. I went in looking for dog food & had to talk to like 3 different people to get a answer, meanwhile it was empty with no people or food on the shelves

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
I think they are starting to get more stuff in. They have some fresh produce though sadly some of it was starting to look a little tired when i went in. Did get a nice avocado however :)

It does seem like a very strange way to start a business to me though. People come in, find very little to buy and dont come back. As a result few people are visitng and what little fresh produce they do have just sits and rots.
Surely one would want to stock up fully, have a grand opening and let the word spread that they are back in business for real.

But maybe i am not thinking in a 'normal' dominican way...

On another note i was pleased to see that they had reemployed a couple of the previous staff but very unpleased to be asked to leave my bag on the way in :( (never had to with CM)