construction jobs

Xpress Dominicana

Jun 23, 2010
hi, i am looking for a construction job between Santo Domingo and La Romana. Has anybody a idea or adresses where i can find something. My childs lives here in the capital, i am construction engineer, able to do lots of construction works. short or long time, thanks for all kind of tips!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You do not speak, read or write Spanish or Haitian Kreyol, so how can you work.??

You do not have a Dominican engineering license, so how can you work???

If you would try and validate your degree, you would have to go to a Dominican university for a few courses and then maybe the CODIA would accept you. Without a CODIA number you are a piece of meat.

HB

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Uhh.. The mining companies are hiring foreign engineers, many in construction. Also the local construction companies are hiring foreign engineers to work on the projects at the mines. So yes, you can work here without a Dominican engineering license.

jaiallen

Jul 9, 2010
It's not impossible to get a job in the Dominican Republic with the right skills even if none of the above apply. Most of the time, it's who you know. I worked in the DR for two years before I learned more than basic Spanish. If you are skilled, it's pretty much a networking matter, and knowing the right people here to open the right doors for you. Almost everything that goes on in this country of importance is because of connections.

It's really becoming a hassle seeing bitter people always insult or put down others, others opinions, and the negativity that's going on here. It's getting to the point where it seems as if this is just some where for people to unleash their hostility on everyone who posts. Every other person who posts is attacked here by someone for their opinion or whatever.
Really, is it worth all that? If you don't have anything positive to hand off to the person, the mark of class is to say nothing at all.

Xpress Dominicana

Jun 23, 2010
hillbilly, who is talking i dont speak spanish!!!! Why so negativ, i just asking, without vitamin B you are alone here, and yes, i know what is CODIA i was working with a arquitect here. Maybe somebody knows something for me, this was the reason of this posting!! thank you

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
hillbilly, who is talking i dont speak spanish!!!! Why so negativ, i just asking, without vitamin B you are alone here, and yes, i know what is CODIA i was working with a arquitect here. Maybe somebody knows something for me, this was the reason of this posting!! thank you
Maybe somebody knows something? Could be, but not the way you are asking!