Could someone bring a new MacBook Air along to POP soon?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
My MacBook Air just lost it's screen.
It'll be fixed at PuntoMac in Santo Domingo under Warranty.
But I am told this may take 3 weeks and I have a funny feeling, that means quite some time more.

I will buy a new MacBookAir in the US and could have it shipped overnight to anybody who's flying into POP later this week and willing to play mule.

Anybody up for doing favors?

Thanks! ... J-D.

(Please PM J-D for his contact information)

Last edited by a moderator:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
I just talked to the authorized reseller store in Santiago and asked if they had a 13" MacBook Air with 254Gb SSD.
They replied that they currently don't have any machines on stock because on June 11th the new generation LapTops would come out.
Can anyone verify this "rumor"?

If Apple would finally come out with a version with a 500Gb SSD... I'd be tempted to wait two long weeks.

... J-D.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I just talked to the authorized reseller store in Santiago and asked if they had a 13" MacBook Air with 254Gb SSD.
They replied that they currently don't have any machines on stock because on June 11th the new generation LapTops would come out.
Can anyone verify this "rumor"?

If Apple would finally come out with a version with a 500Gb SSD... I'd be tempted to wait two long weeks.

... J-D.

Apple never release new product launch dates.

The Apple developer conference is on in June and normal Apple announces new products, but nobody knows what and when they are coming. The local stores usually hold off on buying stock that could get old quickly before WDC and around October, the normal launch dates for Apple products.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Apple never release new product launch dates.

The Apple developer conference is on in June and normal Apple announces new products, but nobody knows what and when they are coming. The local stores usually hold off on buying stock that could get old quickly before WDC and around October, the normal launch dates for Apple products.

Robert, you will be happy to know when I was talking with my son today via Skype he told me that his present 2 year cell phone contract was ending and that he planned to get an iphone to replace his android. He said he was also going to replace his 5-year-old PC with a MacBook.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Robert, you will be happy to know when I was talking with my son today via Skype he told me that his present 2 year cell phone contract was ending and that he planned to get an iphone to replace his android. He said he was also going to replace his 5-year-old PC with a MacBook.

You have one smart son! He will never go back, that I guarantee :)

So when is Dad going to get as smart as his son?

My MacBook Air just lost it's screen.
It'll be fixed at PuntoMac in Santo Domingo under Warranty.
But I am told this may take 3 weeks and I have a funny feeling, that means quite some time more.

I will buy a new MacBookAir in the US and could have it shipped overnight to anybody who's flying into POP later this week and willing to play mule.

Anybody up for doing favors?

Thanks! ... J-D.

(Removed by Mod) See above comments

Hey buddy will be in town next week on the 9th let me know if you need my assistance

Last edited by a moderator:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
JD, thanks for this thread, I was going to buy a new MacBook next week, I'll wait for the new ones. Ditto replacing my iPhone.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
First of all, THANKS a lot to all who responded and especially those who offered themselves to help.
I am writing this on a brand new MacBook-Air that was flown in yesterday afternoon from Florida, thanks to Dave here who went out of his way to help make this all possible on such a short notice.
To make thinks even crazier, the apple store was down for half a day Wednesday as I was trying to order this thing to have it ready for pickup by Dave at the closest Apple store before he'd leave.

Sent you an email

Robert is not as often on the money as he'd like us to believe ;) but yes:

... He will never go back, that I guarantee :)

So when is Dad going to get as smart as his son?

No he won't go back. I would not have placed a high bet on me sticking to this... and now, I wouldn't be without it no mater what. I WORKS (unless your screen goes "fffft").

Hey buddy will be in town next week on the 9th let me know if you need my assistance

BP! You AGAIN? Ha!...

I had never met Dave here. BP I met ONCE, and that once he did me a similar favor. Sometimes your best friends are not your everyday beer drinkin' buddies!

Thanks to all! ... J-D.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
J D Sauser, glad it all worked out.

Some posters that talk about Mac's on this board don't own one or have never used one for any length of time. As you now know, when you actually use one, you understand why they are different and why they are so much better than a PC etc.

Enjoy! :)