ceramic tile installation

vida

Mar 18, 2010
I need some information. what should be the normal range of pay to install tile per sq ft or sq meter in an outside area. This is for installation only. All materials will be provided. Thanks for any information.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Where are you located? Sometimes prices vary with locale.

Can give you the phone of our guy via PM if you want it, he's on south coast. Good work, very fair prices

Jerbust

Oct 12, 2010
I have paid 400 pesos a sq m for labour only of Porcelain Tiles. I could have got them from another guy for 180 pesos a sq m but the guy for 400 pesos is a professional as good if not better then any tile installer in Europe. I guess you will get what you pay for. I would highly recommend that you view previous work of any person you are going to hire to do any work for you. BTW I am located on the North East Coast. LT

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Depends where and who. Expats will charge more but are likely to take a little more pride in the work. Not to say Hats and Doms do not take pride in their work, just 1st world standards are often higher than in developing worlds and so the norm is slightly better quality, what you can and CANT see. Also a Hat is likely to charge you a daily rate of around 750 to 1250RD$ if by himself and semi established. A Dom is more likely to make a number up in his head before he's even seen the job depending on what your home looks like from the front gates and the car in the drive and how much he owes this month, anything from 500RD$ to 50000000000000000RD$. And an Expat will measure everything to the mm, work out quantities and precise quotations over a couple of days and then still get it all wrong, but do it by the book, of sorts.
I'd say in the ballpark of up to $US20 per Mtr2 is a safe guestimate out of the air.

Last edited:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I have paid 400 pesos a sq m for labour only of Porcelain Tiles. I could have got them from another guy for 180 pesos a sq m but the guy for 400 pesos is a professional as good if not better then any tile installer in Europe. I guess you will get what you pay for. I would highly recommend that you view previous work of any person you are going to hire to do any work for you. BTW I am located on the North East Coast. LT

Are my maths correct, $100 for 10mtr2? Thats is a great rate for you, if a good job.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i cannot remember the rate we paid but i know it depends on the design as well. diamond layout is more expensive than normal setup.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Yeh, tile size, cuts and complications like pipes, sinks, toilets, steps, trim, design etc will all come into it if a true quote is worked out.