Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to go to unlock iphone

Help...Does anyone know where in the Capital we can go and get the Iphone 4S unlocked?? Thanks much

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Last I checked (about a month ago) 4S could not be unlocked. It can be jailbroken (ability to use off market apps etc. but not unlocked to change carriers) The I phone 4 can be unlocked

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whiddons View Post
    The I phone 4 can be unlocked
    I'm using GEVEY for mine, are there other options?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    I'm using GEVEY for mine, are there other options?
    I have a 4s now , had a 4 (lost it in taxi in NYC) and I had tried a software unlock that was unsuccessful... I believe that now there are several software unlocks for the 4 but not the 4s. But like I said when i had a 4 it was hit and miss on the software unlock. I just gave up and I use the 4s in the states and a blackberry when I travel to DR or other countries.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My brother wants to use his AT&T upgrade to get the iphone 4S for my son as a gift. You can ask the AT&T store not to activate it or anything (I have done this) the only thing is that you renew your contract for another 2 years which is no problem. My brother likes the phone he has now so he does not want to use the upgrade to get a new phone for himself. Problem is I told my brother I am not sure if you can unlock the iphone 4S from here. I searched all the old threads but did not get a exact answer. Friends here are telling me to have my brother find a place where he lives (US) and have them unlock the phone. Supposedly this can be done. I would hate to have him try and unlock the phone in the US and then bring it here and it won't work. I was just wondering if there was someplace that someone new of that does it. Some many tech savvy people here on DR1 I figured someone may know.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    As of the end of March 2012 it was fiction. There are tons of those sites claiming to unlock. I have actually purchased and thankfully the site was halfway legit and I got refunded. Below is a summary of the back and forth . I copied and pasted but edited out my name and email. The trail of events is backwards as you read.

Hi there, I have returned your money, unfortunately apple have patched our 4s solution.

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 12:31 PM, *****@yahoo <*****@yahoo.com> wrote:

Looking to change carriers

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 29, 2012, at 7:27 PM, Support - <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi There,

Are you looking to change carriers/sim cards or jailbreak to get free apps?

Thanks

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 1:08 AM, ***** *****<****@yahoo.com> wrote:
    Subject: [your-subject]

Purchased this software yesterday User Name: ******** . I am unhappy with this product and would like to utilize the money back guarantee. I was unable to unlock my I phone 4s . Please refund my full price to my amex charge card.

Regards,

--
    Best regards,

iPhoneUnlockEasily Support Team

--
    Best regards,

iPhoneUnlockEasily Support Team

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The iPhone 4s is a GMS capable phone. It can (will) be unlocked by your US carrier upon request if your account is in good standing. After your carrier has unlocked the 4s all you have to do is insert a sim chip of the foreign local carrier when you are connected to wi-fi and the unlock is completed. This was done for me at the main Orange store in Coral Mall in SD with two iPhone 4s's and both work fine with the Orange sim.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a follow-up...My son unlocked his iphone 4s my brother brought him at a place in San Francisco de Macoris for $45.00. We were visiting the in-laws for the day and he found a place. Works great.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast