Where to take kids on the north coast

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
As I have a couple of kids it is always good to hear from others about where to take them out. There is always something new to be dsicovered but I was wondering if it would be a good idea if we could put a list together so that everyone can benefit from it. It does not matter where it is on the North Coast, but please, lets keep it to this area. I will start with the obvious ones, but I will not bother putting any beaches, way too many to mention. Lets stick to actual activities...and please, this is so we can take our kids out, so stick to the topic:
Ocean World
The cable car (Teleferico)/ Mount Isabella
The old Fort, Puerto Plata
Fun City go carts
Monkey Jungle
Sosua Ocean Village 'Splash' water park

Lets keep the list going.
Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is supposed to be zip-lining up the old highway to Santiago--the "tourist highway" ...

I can second Gri Gri...

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Monkey Jungle has a zip line, supposedly the only one that is certified.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Monkey Jungle is good for all ages. Zip line is great for older children. The young ones can walk in the grato and the tame little monkeys will come and sit with them. There is always a guide, so they don't have to be affraid. It is really a great place and the proceeds go to a good cause.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Monkey jungle is about 9km up el Choco road (next to the International furniture store). Same road that Casa Linda is on.
The last 6km is a dirt road but in pretty good shape.

Bob K

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
Monkey jungle is about 9km up el Choco road (next to the International furniture store). Same road that Casa Linda is on.
The last 6km is a dirt road but in pretty good shape.

Bob K

Well, now idea where furniture store or el Choco is, i guess somewhere passed Sosua?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Well, now idea where furniture store or el Choco is, i guess somewhere passed Sosua?

Heading towards Cabarete from Sosua there is a right turn by a furniture store called the El Choco Road. It is about 2 or 3 KM out of Sosua.

slas7713

Aug 9, 2004
I just got back after a week visiting my wife and 3 y.o. son in Rio San Juan. Laguna Gri Gri is a great place to swim a little then catch a boat ride over the Caleton. Lake DuDu is also worth a visit but I wouldn't say for the young ones as there's no shallow areas. Also, just outside of Rio San Juan towards Gaspar Hernandez there is a little resort called Los Gringos. You basically have the place all to yourself so you can do nice beach walks, exploring with the kids. The water is very shallow for about 25 yards out so when the waves are down it's a safe place to watch the kids play. Oh, and the food is great.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
There is a sign for Monkey Jungle across from El Choco road. You can see it coming from Cabrete or Sosua.