santo domingo to puerto plata

tanicos

May 28, 2012
hi all

are there any buses or internal flights from santo domingo to puerto plata? can anyone share a website or any information?

thanks

juant

May 9, 2012
hi all

are there any buses or internal flights from santo domingo to puerto plata? can anyone share a website or any information?

thanks
There are two bus companies that take you to Puerto Plata from Santo Domingo, Caribe Tours and Metro.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Either Metro or Caribe Tours is fine. Metro has a little more deluxe feel, but both are comfortable and will get you to Puerto Plata in about the same amount of time. The advantage of taking Caribe Tours is that they have buses hourly from SD to POP, starting early in the morning until in the evening. Metro does not run that often.

whiddons

Dec 19, 2010
Metro does not stop in La Vega for one. That shortens the time by about 30-45 minutes. Metro has much nicer equipment. In short, Metro is first class and Caribe is a bit below them.

Thanks. I asked since I have never taken Metro and wanted to know if I was missing out on a lot. I'll give Metro I try ( travel schedule permitting)

kinggold

Nov 23, 2011
You could get a rental car and drive. Or take a taxi directly there. Or take a taxi to the bus station and take a bus there.