Sosua Seafood Recomendations

Randy T

Nov 13, 2011
hey guys,

Im back in Sosua real soon for 2 weeks. Im keen to try some real nice seafood this time. I know most restaurants serve fish dishes etc but where is the standout place in your opinion in Sosua?

all relevant comments valued

Best regards

Randy

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Hey Randy,
I don't know too much about restaurants serving fish in Sosua because I mainly eat at Rockys.
BUT, when I do have a taste for fish I go to Sosua beach. One of the shacks by the beach serves the best whole fried fish I ever had the pleasure of eating. I am trying to get away to Sosua in the next few days and I will get the shack number (address) for you. A large menu with all kinds of fresh seafood with all the trimmins.......
If this doesn't interest you just let me know.........

B in Santiago

juant

May 9, 2012
hey guys,

Im back in Sosua real soon for 2 weeks. Im keen to try some real nice seafood this time. I know most restaurants serve fish dishes etc but where is the standout place in your opinion in Sosua?

all relevant comments valued

Best regards

Randy
Well, I can suggest a place where the fish and seafood are fresh. It's located right across the street from the Charamicos/Caribe Tours bus stop and where you find all the taxis. The food there is very good and cheap. I went there to eat on my last trip to Sosua.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
I know the sea bass is not local (or strongly suspect it is not) but I love , love , love the sea bass at Orchidee.
The german potatoes as a side are awesome as well and the price is very reasonable IMO.
It is just a few doors down from Rockies, in case you did not know.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I know the sea bass is not local (or strongly suspect it is not) but I love , love , love the sea bass at Orchidee.
The german potatoes as a side are awesome as well and the price is very reasonable IMO.
It is just a few doors down from Rockies, in case you did not know.

I concur on this one. Anything the German chef serves is good. Price is right and good service always. Also you can talk directly to Lev ( I think that is his name) to cook anything the way you like it. One of the best spots in Sosua in my opinion.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Tilo is the name - think he only does sea bass in the fish department, Were we after lobster type sea food

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Hs name is Tilo, the mero is the only fish dish (does have shrimp and pasta) and it is terrific. His prices are great and all the food is good.

Bob K