Buying glass in Santiago for desk?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I would like to purchase a piece of plain ol' glass for a desk. I guess it would be sheet glass. Where can I buy that in Santiago? It would be about 28"x48".

The reason I ask is that I've gone to several office stores and they sell those types of desks for around $12,000, and they're literally a square piece glass with four plastic legs stuck to it.

Thanks.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It all depends on how thick it is, unbelievable!
You are turning this board into desks.com.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
The large Ochoa in Santiago sells and cuts all types of glass directly across the street from their main store.......
But, they are not so cheap..........

B in Santiago

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Can we see a picture orf the desk?

(I realize that post was no good whatsoever, but I really like seeing pictures of desks!)
I just bought a nice little Glass and chrome desk at La Sirena for 5000 pesos. I'd say the top is roughly 30" x 4'

Glass top, no drawers, keyboard shelf underneath, legs are chrome metal, and lockable casters.

I'm done with larger desks. All they do is collect "stuff"

(yes, I realize that post was no good whatsoever, but I really like that desk!)

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks again for all the replies.
I never thought about going to La Sirena. I just went to office furniture retailers.

It all depends on how thick it is, unbelievable!
You are turning this board into desks.com.
What's so unbelievable about my question?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks again.

At 5,000 pesos it's at half the price as most of the office furniture stores. The cheapest one I could find was 11,000 and it's just a plain sheet of glass and four legs. Hopefully, I'll go to La Sirena today.